Monday 21 May 2018

Taxi 2004 by AverageMansReviews

Taxi 2004 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: well I have quite a few marks going through my head as it relates to this project, it just depends what section of this title you are watching really.

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements with and without subtitles being used, background music, words on screen, this mental imagery thing I think I could be wrong, time jumps and place jumps. Now I am pretty sure this will not be the only time I will say something to this effect, this project does need Queen Latifah on screen to generate some enthusiasm or something for this film to work off and to move forward.

Action sequences/Comedy level: there are weapons being used, chasing sequences [the transforming taxi is something I liked,] the comedy level is a mixed bag really I don't know how to describe it to be fair other than mixed.

Performances: they are all okay, Latifah and Fallon do have chemistry in this title but without Latifah I feel comfortable suggesting this film would have really struggled and I am not saying with this performer in this title it is great, because it isn't great by any stretch of the imagination, but because of her and her influence over this project it does not paint over the cracks, it just turns them into smaller sizes [on a side note I have to point out what was it with Latifah's character being this interpreter for some scenes of this film, I don't get it and I don't think it was explained in the film, I should point out again I could be wrong.]

This film receives: 6/10, now with this title, I could roughly justify anything from a 3 all the way to a 7, it really does depend on where you are in this title as I have already said, so I had to do a very basic process of elimination I wasn't comfortable with a 7 and I could justify a 3, but it would have been a little bit harsh, so I had a choice between a 4 or a 5 or a 6, then look at what this project is; yes it does have its problems and the comedy elements are mixed [in a nutshell I did find some elements of it funny] and there are other elements, but taking everything into consideration this film does enough to enter the 6 area.


No comments:

Post a Comment