Sunday 25 February 2018

Jungle 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Jungle 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: generally speaking this title is a little bit of a slow burner.

Fundamental elements:  there are voice-over elements [from our lead character.] Now I did get a bit lost as it relates to the time jumps or place jumps or subtitles or any text on screen, because it is yellow and tiny, it was and is very easy for someone like me with my reading difficulties to find it hard work or at the very least difficult to pick up on and on a side note I think now and again the text clashes with the scene it is a part of because I kept losing it on screen or missing it [the only reason I know it was there is because someone pointed it out to me.] There are cultural elements, mental imagery [sometimes dreams] and this is just a small list of things you should see in this project.

Performance: Daniel Radcliffe as Yossi Ghinsberg, when this performer is on his own, this film feels much better as Radcliffe can and does control the scenes around him with a strong stage presence which I have to say Redcliffe looks comfortable and more than able to spend heavy amounts of this project on his own putting in this very high quality performance.

This film receives: 6/10, even though I have just been highlighting the biggest positive to this title, my figure is based on an overview perspective and the more I think about it, the more I am comfortable with this figure because the elements such as the small yellow text of any description is just so off-putting


No comments:

Post a Comment