Sunday 3 September 2017

The Lost Boys 1987 by AverageMansReviews

The Lost Boys 1987 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is excellent fun, but I have to say the older characters in this project for me are the only negatives [this film does noticeably slow down most of the time when we have the older characters on screen.]

1980's: I just wanted to quickly highlight  that this film represents this time in history very well indeed, with its dress-sense [amongst other accessories,] but more importantly how this film moves from beginning to end, with its noticeable background music [to be fair the background music matches the emotions on screen at that specific time and there are other elements as well to suggest that the 1980's is an ever present theme throughout this project.

Artistic visions: without giving too much away, the death sequences have wonderful imagination to them, I should just point out one little detail [meaning one big detail,] they are very visual I am not seeing this as a negative I am just saying they make their points very, very clear. I really do like how and where these sequences have been put in this project, when these sequences begin they all have the approach/atmosphere that anything could happen at any time with anything in these sequences.

Young characters/The gang: there is a reason why I have put this paragraph nearer the bottom of this review, this is because I have so much to say about them, they make this project what it is today which is a classic, which has stood the test of time and it will continue to do so for many, many years to come.

The character developments are really likable for an example you get some gang members that are more than happy to take instructions from their leader [which from an overview perspective highlights that this gang is a strong unit.]

But on the other hand we have the other characters either going through some things or well experienced in these matters, their dialogue exchanges are interesting obviously most of the time serious, discussing what's coming next or what could be coming next [which this all translates into many quick back-and-forth dialogue exchanges.]

This film receives: 90% approval, yes I really do like this project and for some strange reason this would be the first time I have seen this project the whole way through, but regardless of how many times I have seen this project in bits and pieces I have never been to keen on the older characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment