Friday 22 September 2017

Batman & Robin 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Batman & Robin 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: straight off the bat this film is terrible, this Batman is one of the worst Batman's in the history of Batman’s [up to this point in history in 2017,] there is at least 93% of this film I didn't like and when I say I don't like it I am not joking, in fact it took from this film in 1997 up to 2005 [Batman Begins] for me to happily watch Michael Keaton or Val Kilmer's versions of Batman again and whilst I am on the subject even though this film put me off watching Batman films I could still happily watch Adam West's version or any of Kevin Conroy's version [voice work -- animated projects.]

Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth: now any scenes that this performer is a part of can be seen as the only positive elements to this project, his dialogue exchanges are a good mixture between understanding the other characters that he comes in contact with, being wise and this character has always something interesting to say.

Action sequences/Comedy level: now as far as I am concerned these elements would be hitting the floor so very quickly, meaning if I was in the editing room these sequences or scenes would be feeling the cold snip of my scissors or anything that cuts just so that I could take these sequences or scenes out, they just really don't do anything for me, the action sequences are just really boring and there is nothing special about them. The comedy level is a consistent theme from beginning to end in different ways, the most used comedy style in this project would have to be the one liners or comments, they are everywhere and they are incredibly tedious and how can I forget really, really not that funny.

Characters: now putting Alfred Pennyworth to one side, every other single character [big or small roles] are seriously like nails on a chalkboard to me, it could be their dialogue exchanges or their appearance [for an example just look at what they did to Bane,] this version of him is just a big no-no from head to toe or it could be something else, in a nutshell you have plenty of bad things to pick from when it comes to watching this project.

This film receives: 7% approval, I am just so happy that I have done this review so I can go many, many hopefully many more years without seeing this film again.


No comments:

Post a Comment