Friday 18 August 2017

Robots 2005 by AverageMansReviews

Robots 2005 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: the storyline for this project is just so boring, I mean I had to stop it once just to go and wake myself up a little.

Robin Williams and Mel Brooks: these are the only two reasons why you should want to watch this project in the first place. Fender Pinwheeler voiced by Robin Williams is so funny in everything he does, so much so I would say this; the Robin Williams effect is and are the only comedy elements I found funny [without this performer's voice on screen with this character,] this film is very poor.

 Bigweld voiced by Mel Brooks, this character does have one or two good moments on screen [such as the beautifully designed domino's sequence,] but not to give too much away this character is not consistently on screen, but it is always good to see or hear Mel Brooks in a project nonetheless.

Artistic visions: now yes just for the record I did just highlight and praise one sequence in this project, but putting that one sequence to one side for a moment. I have to be honest yet unbiased at the same time, this particular project hasn't aged well at all, in fact when this film first came out in 2005, even back then I was thinking this animation or computer animation is looking old to begin with and many years later it just looks worse.

I don't know how to describe it, this is not one of those films where I can forget that I am watching a computer-animated film project, in a nutshell I can forget when I am watching the original Toy Story 1995, that it is a computer-animated film title based on the fact as soon as the film begins, they instantaneously take their audiences into their world so everything feels natural [as if it is natural for these toys to be living.]

But this film on the other hand, you kind of [as an audience member] become instantly aware you're watching a computer-animated film title, because other than the sequence I have mentioned in this review, they haven't really cosmetically done anything to this project to make it look engaging.

This film receives: 50% approval, Robin Williams's enthusiastic and positive influence throughout this project and not forgetting Mel Brooks are the reasons why this film is getting a respectable percentage of approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment