Monday 28 August 2017

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is so poor it isn't funny.

Smoke/Sub-Zero/Scorpion/Cyrax: these characters would be the only positives to this project by a long, incredibly long distance. I don't know how to put this; so I am just going to have to come out with it, whenever these characters are on screen this film feels like it is taking things seriously, you see it is a beautiful mixture between their stage presence [individually or together] or their action-packed sequences or their very brief dialogue exchanges.

In fact I will go one more step and say I would have absolutely scrapped this script and had these four characters chasing down the characters from the Earth realm their mission is to take these characters and stand them in front of Shao Kahn for judgment [I am aware that my script idea is a little bit cheesy, but then again to be fair I couldn't do much worse than this script,] they could still use the Shao Kahn and Raiden storyline elements [as a background storyline.]

Everything else: yes usually I would section off different elements and discussed them, but as they all have one big similarity [as in they are rubbish,] I was thinking I would somewhat speed this up a little [keeping in mind if we put the four characters I have named in somewhere near the top of this review to one side for a minute.]

The rest of this film is just really hard work to not only enjoy but to watch as well, the dialogue exchanges are really boring or they have this really immature tone to them [for an example these characters could be arguing between themselves.] The special effects used even back when this film had firstly come out, they didn't look that good but many, many years later they just look really bad.

This film receives: 20% approval, I think this percentage just about feels right. Because there are some good elements to this project, but simply put there are not enough of them to take your mind off how bad this sequel is [I had to stop this film once due to technical difficulties, my DVD player did not like this DVD.]




No comments:

Post a Comment