Friday 23 June 2017

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 2011 by AverageMansReviews

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 2011 by AverageMansReviews

Now generally speaking if you want three reasons why you should even think about watching this project here they are; John Malkovich, Leonard Nimoy, in one way or another these two performers are a good addition to this cast by physically appearing on screen in one case or their voice work in the other case and Peter Cullen as voice of Optimus Prime.

Review Time: well there is a good reason why I haven't seen this film since watching it at the cinema, read my lips ["this film like most of this franchise is just too long, it is comfortably over two hours long to begin with"] I became more and more aware that this film title was a very long film title, because it actually feels incredibly slow in everything it does from beginning to end, so in essence it isn't just because of this film's time length in a nutshell this film is a marathon.

Character developments: now putting this nicely putting the names I have already mentioned to one side for a minute, the character developments of every other character are incredibly weak to the point where there is nothing particularly enjoyable about them; the dialogue exchanges are nothing but tedious and exhausting.

Storyline: a waste of time, do you know what really irritates me about this film franchise, back in the day when I was growing up with the original formats [comic books or animated TV series] of this franchise, I quickly understood that it had some excellent storylines to tell or even if they were having an off day their standard scripts were absolutely miles better than any of this film franchise's instalments, just for the record I haven't dealt with too many of their comic books, simply based on the fact I know how much they are worth and in most cases they are just too expensive for me to touch. But the most important thing is I have seen all of Generation One, all the way through at least three times, the last time I did it took me less than 8 weeks from beginning to end, including Transformers from different countries, not forgetting some of the recent reincarnations of this franchise, so I may not know everything about this franchise in the general sense, but I feel comfortable suggesting to make a storyline or a script which has quality in it shouldn't be a problem [but then again obviously it is a problem because I wouldn't be saying this; if this film was any good to start with.]

Action sequences/Special-effects: they are just so boring and I don't like using the word boring but that is precisely what they are. They look very heavy-handed as it relates to the camera angles or the basic movements in their scenes or sequences. The special effects, well because there are so many sequences with special effects being used at some point in them, when the audience gets to see a big special-effects sequence, it doesn't have any kind of major impact on to its viewers.

Because they have gotten used to seeing some kind of special-effects already [so essentially what has happened is this; this film uses or almost relies on major special-effects throughout this project, when it comes to seeing a potentially well-planned action-packed sequence with special-effects it doesn't have the same kind of effect that it should have,] so what I am saying is if they scaled back the unnecessary special-effects and just use it when or if it needs to be used, when it comes to a big action-packed sequence, it would carry more of an impact because the audience hasn't seen it so much.

This film receives: 20% approval, generally speaking I did find this particular title hard work to watch from beginning to end in fact it took me three sittings in two days.




No comments:

Post a Comment