Monday 12 February 2024

Clear and Present Danger 1994 by AverageMansReviews

Clear and Present Danger 1994 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/terrorism/shooting/breaking/drugs/medical

Deputy Director of Intelligence: Dr. Jack Ryan: [Harrelson Ford:] is heading to Colombia to take care of some business for the White House and the United States of America, but the deeper he goes, the more he doesn't like what he finds out. Dr. Jack Ryan; has taken over this position within the US Government/White House, because his good friend Admiral James "Jim" Greer [James Earl Jones:] has his own big battle on his hands and he needs someone in his position that he can trust.

Generally speaking: the framework and pacing of this film is consistently moving as this film is roughly speaking 241 minutes long, which like its predecessor it does feel like and look like that they are leaning into the discussion/investigation components of this sequel. So and this is just based on my viewing experience they have tried to create a similar outlay to the previous instalment of Patriot Games 1992 [roughly speaking 117 minutes long,] I watched this film with the person I watched some of this content with, well let's be fair the person I watched this film I believe said it first; I am paraphrasing here; this film feels much slower. So it very much relies on the dialogue exchanges between this cast.

Comedy/Action/Art; there is a little bit of comedy now and again for a example/rough description; in this sequence of events Dr. Jack Ryan with another character gives this computer hacker this job to do and by the time they has walked a good length talking to other character; I think this computer hacker shouts out something to the effect of got it, so they have to walk all the way back. For the action itself; they are solidly good, for some examples we are in this convoy of vehicles, that gets ambushed and the individuals that ambush Dr. Jack Ryan and others create basically a tunnel of death; it is where these individuals from high above on these buildings shoot down using a rocket launcher to take out a vehicle which is maybe parked up in front and then the same again from behind which traps this convoy; which creates this massive opportunity for a massacre to take place, which if you are on high ground you have a much better chance of survival and later on we see Dr. Jack Ryan having to take this running jump to grab hold/onto this flying helicopter. Art; I have to point this out, because if I don't I know at some point in the future I would leave myself open to having somebody point this out for me, I am not criticising it, but I know it is there. At some points throughout this whole transaction until he is safely on the helicopter, those that are from my generation and beyond would know when they are seeing a green-screen and you will see it here easily.

Character developments and performances; because of what I said earlier about basically the slowness of this film, there is some expectation for this cast to carry it, so on both counts they do a solidly good job. If there are any fans of Willem Dafoe out there in Internet land he is in this film as John Clark: I can't tell you too much, but what I can say is he gets given this special mission to assemble a unit and complete this mission.

This film receives: 5/10, this film is mixed; it is a solid film, but as the person I watched this film said "It was a bit long winded" and I agree with that sentiment, but if you are a fan of either Ford or/and Dafoe take a look at this film. This film also has some awards accredited to its name; 3 Winners that includes ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards 1995 ASCAP Awards Top Box Office Films James Horner. 11 Nominees; which includes Academy Awards, USA 1995; Oscars Best Sound Donald O. Mitchell Michael Herbick Frank A. MontaƱo Art Rochester and at the same award ceremony/event Best Effects, Sound Effects Editing Bruce Stambler John Leveque

 

No comments:

Post a Comment