Thursday 30 November 2023

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Ric Flair AEW Rampage Promo First Appearance that will Hopefully/Needs be cut if AEW have any sense 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Reactionary To The Wrestling News of: Ric Flair AEW Rampage Promo First Appearance that will Hopefully/Needs be cut if AEW have any sense 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Just a heads up: at one point or another I will probably use adapted adult language to what I actually mean. Now it should be noted I was going to focus on different content today, but when I found this out from reliable content creators, it kind of dramatically changed that.

Hi and Bye Ric Flair: I want to know who if anyone okay Flair's promo? Because I don't care if he did of his own back or Tony Kahn allowed this? It was fudging stupid, I know I have said this already but it needs to be said again it was fudging stupid that is how stupid it is that I have to repeat myself twice in quick succession. It is so baffling that is as a AEW fan I can't and won't defend this and it has to be said forget tribalism four minute put that to one side, this has nothing to do with tribalism because even it has been reported that the AEW fans were angry that Flair said this. I am not even dramatising it; you see he or somebody had the wonderful [I am being sarcastic here] of using one of those old promo material; which for the long-term wrestling fans would instantaneously say this is such a bad idea. But I slightly digress; he uses basically the any women between 18 and 28, no boyfriends to meet him backstage that old shtick. I want to make this crystal is I had been given this heads up about this content going out in my wrestling product I would say no, I mean if it was anyone else I would have said still no or make it age-appropriate change their age brackets, but I still wouldn't be overly happy about it, I just needed to state that but I still wouldn't be overly happy about it.

But back to Flair's especially in his case wary as the history of allegations of sexual misconduct; it is just wrong end of story, wrong, wrong, wrong. I mean this is why AEW didn't sign him a few years ago or more after the documentary of Dark Side of the Ring; The Plane Ride From Hell first aired 16/09/2021; full disclosure I haven't seen it, but let's just say I know what it roughly covers, because I have been a fan of wrestling since the mid-to late 1980's off and on again and at one point or another if you have been watching wrestling long enough, some of you may get to the point of "When I think I am out, they just pull me back in again."

This is far from a Sammy Guevara situation [before I receive backlash from his fan base there are two points I would like to make;] 1. I know his situation was completely different and 2. My point about bringing him up is to make this very valid point in the first place; he was younger and consequently can be educated or you know do some work to improve from not doing this kind of thing again. But Flair as of this content being created is 74 years old, so the likelihood of him remotely or wanting changing his behaviour  is slim to none stop.

So let me put it like this; "Whatchoo Gonna Do Tony Kahn? When you have an old wrestler in flair that shouldn’t think about wrestling anymore and a roster of wrestlers some don't respect you or are not happy with you and are running wild on you."

Because frankly and completely honestly Flair should now be shown the door, I mean if you haven't picked up on it yet, no I don't believe because it is him, he should be allowed to get away with it, regardless of it being a part of his material. I mean it is 2024 almost and this kind of material or alleged behaviour will not be tolerated by anyone, especially when AEW preach about the whole inclusivity thing and cultivating this atmosphere of a moral compass; so it is time to prove it again? As they did with Jimmy Havoc [released by AEW 2020; based on in a nutshell and I am going to keep this content safe to read/view alleged sexual misconduct] and standing by Guevara, but educating him.

Why fire Flair?; As far as I can see it Kahn has no other choice and I will give you some excellent reasons; because of what Flair said, because it will not be tolerated in AEW regardless how big the name is, whenever another situation develops if this situation is not dealt with in the right manner , I don't have to be in the room or/and on social media platforms Kahn will be making a rod for his own back, where he will have wrestlers or/and especially on social media which you may not think is important, but I do believe it has some importance based on a public image perspective so obviously don't listen or read everything that everyone is saying, but just gauge the public perspective basically as in approval ratings. But back to the wrestlers with in the locker room it will definitely harden division by this double standings approach, which will consequently spillover to more unhappy wrestlers, which on a quick side note it has to be said that over more and more recent times can AEW/Kahn just try to straighten up the ship just for a little while without finding themselves in another PR nightmare and finally and so much more importantly Flair has spoiled/potentially overshadowed Sting's AEW retirement tour, because everyone will be talking about Flair and that promo section.

There is one final thing I have to say and that is; I can't see past Kahn not firing Flair, because if he doesn't it would undermine AEW's credibility and public image, it wouldn't give much to stand on as in as a fan I can't defend AEW if something of substance hasn't happened I would prefer him to be fired, but just something of substance as in withdrawing and suspend him from TV for a long time or just have him sure at Sting's last match, if that is what Sting wanted a very brief side note I would like or should be put forward for Michael Buffer to do his thing as for those younger people out there; he is a legendary sports ring announcer which also spent a few years with WCW back in the day. But I digress; if Khan mismanaging this situation I wouldn't want to be in his shoes, which I like Kahn but even I have to say he is probably going to not put his foot down or show any authority and try and sweep it under the carpet, I mean this is one of those occasions where he could really show some steel and you know take a little bit positive outlook the situation being yet he did show some leadership by dealing with this situation properly.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment