Thursday 25 May 2023

Knock at the Cabin 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Knock at the Cabin 2023 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/environmental/suicide/cult/ritual/shooting/stabbing/cutting/chopping/drowning/torture/mental abuse/animal cruelty/medical

Knock,  Knock who's there? A, A who? A film not worth watching: briefly because I don't want to spend too long on this content to be honest; this family unit has came to this cabin for some relaxing, but unknown to them they will get given this life changing decision to make by these strangers that come out of nowhere to save the world or if they don't make a decision the consequences are deadly. A prominent figure head to the strangers goes by the name of Leonard Brocht [Dave Batista:] a second grade school teacher who runs outer-school program and a part-time bartender, am I forgetting anything. Oh yes and a member of this group of strangers but believes if this family don't make a decision by a certain time the Apocalypse is coming. We also have one of the writers/director for this film M. Night Shyamalan as an infomercial host; full disclosure I didn't notice this watching this film, I however picked this up from the cast listing so as you can see sometimes I pay attention.

The framework and pacing of this 100 minutes film is smooth, you know it knows what it is doing and it sticks to plan without any great problems with the added bonus of it moves with some get up and go to it.

Art/Action: the landscapes in nature scenery is good and in the first section of closing credits there are some white outline drawing these are very eye-catching and sometimes move, for the action they do follow the hostage situation outlay. The only action sequence that I can really highlight is where we have Redmond [Rupert Grant:] a member of these strangers and ex-criminal taking a few hits from a member of this family unit, but how is body/head is moving from taking these punches is something like a boxing film, I mean we aren't standing directly behind Redmond, but behind to one side and he is really taking these punches in an acting sense.

Comedy/Character developments and performances: I should point out I am clutching at straws here; basically Brocht pointing out to Redmond how he puts things I am paraphrasing here makes him sound a bit weird and consequently they aren't going to trust us. Well they follow their character type outlay and the performances reflect that, so by definition they would be good.

This film receives: 2/10, this film is poor; once again full disclosure on reflection I had to award this film another mark based on regardless if I didn't like it or not. It has enough about it to get given another mark as I have outlined in this content in one way or another so I had to be somewhat unbiased and awarded it another mark. So let me try and finish this content on a positive; don't get me wrong if you like horror films specifically of a cult fashion/Apocalypse or M. Night Shyamalan content or Dave Batista or Rupert Grant take a look at this film but just your expectations appropriately would be my advice and yes there is a ending sound effect right at the end of the credits when the title comes up as well roughly around here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment