Monday 12 December 2022

Recommendation of: WWE/NXT Deadline 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Recommendation of: WWE/NXT Deadline 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing/colourful effects throughout. Disclaimer I have never or are likely to be a professional wrestler.

Zoey Stark vs. Cora Jade vs. Roxanne Perez vs. Kiana James vs. Indi Hartwell; Women's Iron Survivor Challenge to determine the #1 Contender for the NXT Women's Championship: I wasn't feeling this in the slightest, in fact it almost put me to sleep, full disclosure I tried to watch this Premium Live Event live, I began watching but I was struggling, because I was burnt out. Yes my content is very basic compared to others, but I very much do put in the time so I watched it last night all the way through. But like I said I wasn't feeling this match, it feels like it never got out of first gear. When it is just Stark and Perez one of the camera people are too close or on the wrong side based on we can clearly see Stark's communicating to Perez about more than likely the next sequence of events. This match/match slot receives: 5/10

Alba Fyre vs. Isla Dawn; Singles Match: on the other hand this match/match slot gradually shook the cobwebs off for me. I know without giving too much away the closing section here, most probably want me to everyone's liking but as storytelling goes it is solidly good. This match/match slot receives: 7/10

The New Day [Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods] vs. Champs Pretty Deadly [Elton Prince & Kit Wilson;] Tag Team Match for the NXT Tag Team Championships: this is another good section to this premium live event where we have this sequence of events where Eddie Guerrero would be proud of. This match/match slot receives: 7/10

Carmelo Hayes vs. JD McDonagh vs. Grayson Waller vs. Joe Gacy vs. Axiom; Men's Iron Survivor Challenge to determine the #1 Contender for the NXT Championship: well this is lots of fun, even though we have a momentarily scary looking potential botch from Axiom; it is just McDonagh and Axiom; McDonagh is on the outside of the ring so Axiom decides to take a running dive through the ring ropes, but it looks like he has misjudged and for a split second it looks like he is going to crash and burn, but he rolls through. This match/match slot does so much, yes we have a winner and don't watch NXT, but I have been around wrestling long enough to know that because of what happens here they have plenty of content to moved things on and equally freshen things up in these ongoing feuds, it just depends on what they want to do with it. This match/match slot receives: 10/10

Apollo Crews vs. Champ Bron Breakker; Singles Match for the NXT Championship: this match went how I expected it to go; hard hitting nothing fancy. This match/match slot receives: 7/10.

The average mark of this pay-per-view is: 7/10, as you can see generally speaking it is the average mark, could we just get rid of Booker .T, he is really spoiling these premium live events. If something doesn't go his way you just complain about it, mix them with his rambling and not forgetting I am paraphrasing here; he gets mixed up between Sunday and Saturday as it relates to this premium live event when it is actually taking place; if you are interested in when he does this in my notes it is somewhere in the Alba Fyre vs. Isla Dawn; Singles Match and in a nutshell not wishing Big E. well in the The New Day [Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods] vs. Champs Pretty Deadly [Elton Prince & Kit Wilson;] Tag Team Match for the NXT Tag Team Championships, this is one of those occasions where I don't care if he is being the heel commentator, considering what Big E. Has been going through it was unnecessary for Booker T. to say anything Basically just get anyone that wants to be on NXT commentary duty, to replace Booker T.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment