Saturday 17 December 2022

Blackbird 2018/2022 by AverageMansReviews

Blackbird 2018/2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/shooting/torture/terrorism/domestic abuse

I'm out of the game: Victor Blackley a.k.a. Blackbird [Writer/Director/Lead role of this film; Michael Flatley] is a retired Special Agent leader of this unit known as Chieftains, but now is the owner and manager of this high-quality hotel/night club called "Blue Moon" in this hot and seductive location where everywhere and everyone looks good. Blake Monawho [Eric Roberts; a quick apology if I have spelled his character's last name incorrectly,] but I digress he is a incoming paying guest with his entourage including his fiancée Vivian [Nicole Evans] which is a blast from the past as she was also a Secret Agent, which in hindsight she must have been terrible at her job, based on the fact her husband to be is a member of a secret society known as Crusading Revolution, that basically go around unstabilising the world and purifying it where the less than best are taking care of and to do this they need this formula which on one hand could cure anyone of everything or on the other hand if they would change the formula it would kill the individual in question. Monawho is here to complete the transaction to sell this formula, to another member of the secret society.

The pacing of this 90 minute film is basically "We'll get there when we get there" that is how slow this film is.

I mean I don't know why this film has been put under the genre of Action/other genres. Because this film have little action in it, I mean there is a little bit here and a little bit there, but not enough for it to be given the genre title of action and even when you think we might have one action sequence that may have been good, we don’t get it, let’s just say it gets left up to our imagination [if or when you see this film unfortunately this will become insufferably easy to understand when you come to this bit of proceedings.] The longest intense action of really substance I can think of is when we have Blackbird vs.  Monawho in a game of poker [Texas hold 'em] mixed in with this whole 007 James Bond talking to the main villain dialogue exchange tone, atmosphere and presentation. So yes like the rest of this film it is a treat for the eyes as the biggest asset to this film would be its artistic visions, which are easy to see and experience for one example now but I will make a list in the closing paragraph the landscapes.

Character developments and performances: the character developments are for most parts safe and reliable, but then again there is this one character development which is just stupid;  Madeleine [Mary Louise Kelly] is a contributing factor to it death in this unit A T T [I have just put this character's name as it sounds, I know it is wrong but when I can't find the character's name or the performer on the cast list then I have to do the best I can with what I have] but Blackbird just forgives her so easily even though as I have just said she is a contributing factor to the life they are now having a drink to because he is no longer here. The performances are for again most parts really poor minus Eric Roberts, he puts in a solid performance and in the poker sequence he brings the best out of Flatley to be fair.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; I really didn't like this film, don't get me wrong it has some good scenery, wardrobe and accessories and so on and so forth with a good poker sequence and if there were any fans of the performers I have mentioned in his review, take a look at this film. But keep this in mind I really, really would keep your expectations solo that a ant could jump over them, yet somehow this film has won credited award to its name which won; Monaco Streaming Film Festival 2021 Streaming Award Best Actor Michael Flatley. I have just told the person I watched this film with about this award this individual laughed as in a nutshell they couldn't believe it. I know I have given some praise to Flatley, but even I am still like how is this possible?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment