Monday 31 October 2022

Royal Kill 2009 [alternative name Ninja's Creed] by AverageMansReviews

Royal Kill 2009 [alternative name Ninja's Creed] by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/drugs/stabbing/shooting/impaling/cutting/transformation/terrorism/vomiting

The seventh child is our final hope: trust me when I say I am just going to simplify this: this right-hand man soldier to the King of  Samarzan which is dying at this point gives this soldier s Adam Arthavan [Alexander Wraith] a mission to go and find and protect his secret daughter Jan [Younger: Ages unknown/Teen: Lalaine] that is unaware of her heritage, before this Skanji assassin Nadia [Gail Kim] gets to her and complete her mission.

The pacing for this 90 minute film is tedious; I know no one else to say here other than man this was very hard work.

The art and action; the paintings and fading in Nadia [Gail Kim] in one scene, monastery and the snow sequence is fantastic and the action sequences; well simply put Nadia [Gail Kim] is the main reason why you should watch this film and including Adam Arthavan [Alexander Wraith] Power bomb reversal [from Nadia/Kim's hurricanrana] through a small wooden table.

The character developments are terrible, I should very quickly state it isn't because I couldn't read them or see them coming. It is just wow that garbage, I am choosing my words very carefully here, because if I talk too much about them I will give way too much of the film away; has someone gone through psychological training or has psychological issues of this individual's own making or is this individual being psychologically exploited? To be brutally honest I don't care. I have only seen this film once before and I remember the mark I gave it originally, but I couldn't remember why but trust me now I know why and surprisingly [not too surprisingly] I can justify it easily again.

Moving on to the performances; I think generally speaking I am going to go with as they cast of adequate there are some better or/and worse performances, but adequate would seem a general consensus.

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; I mean I have clearly shown there are some positives to this project but the final 30 minutes or they are or thereabouts does this film no favours, this film was still going to be in the poorer sections anyway, but let's just say they made sure it was going to be placed rock bottom. But in fairness and balance: here are some reasons to why you want to watch this film, the action, art Gail Kim and Pat Morita as Archie Rochester; Morita is better known as Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid, he did all but one film the 2010 title, he makes an appearance in some capacity in the connecting TV program Cobra Kai as well and yes he made a brief return as this iconic character in the American rock band Alien Ant Farm's 2001 music video for the track " Movies"  and had a recurring role on the American sitcom Happy Days between 1975-1976. RIP Noriyuki "Pat" "Mr. Miyagi" Morita 1932-2005 in fact this was his last film and finally if there are any parents of Eric Roberts out there in Internet land he is in here as well as Dad/American Guardian.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment