Thursday 14 July 2022

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers [Season 3,] Episode 123: Fourth Down and Long by AverageMansReviews

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers [Season 3,] Episode 123: Fourth Down and Long by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing/colourful/other effects/transformation. Disclaimer I am not a medical professional, I do have dyslexia myself so I am talking from experience only.

Alan: Storyline, Character [Character developments] and How long did this want to take?; These combined in one way or another. Alan is in chemistry class with Rocky and the rest of The Power Rangers. There is this accident where Alan misreads these instructions that he has also written down in his book. Mr. Wilton says to Alan I am paraphrasing here. I will have to talk to the coach about you not playing in the next match until your grades have improved. Alan says it is the big game [Rocky steps in] What happens if I study with him? Mr. Wilton agrees not to tell the coach. Well it transpires that Alan is dyslexic which is why he has problems with words and numbers. This is where how long did that want to take? Because straight off the bat dyslexia is words and not numbers; I knew it had a different name but I had to look it up; that goes by the name of dyscalculia and just to cover my back if you are thinking that maybe in the mid-1990s it wasn't discovered, well you would be wrong it was discovered in 1919 and just for fairness and balance dyslexia was discovered in 1871. But sadly and this is important in the UK it took until 2010 to be recognised in schools under the Equality Act 2010. Alan has both learning difficulties here, but I will cut this episode some slack, because I remember these days very well indeed having certain learning difficulties was not accepted or frown upon for my own personal experience it took me until I got to college to get tested for dyslexia, my mother was pushing for me be tested much earlier but with no success. I have it all upstairs as in intelligence and so on, but I couldn't physically because of my disability and learning difficulty struggle to get it down on paper [if you're wondering how I do these blogs I speak into a headset and it appears on the screen; likewise I didn't find out this software and hardware until I got to college.] But no surprising when I found out I had a learning difficulty and learnt to adapt to it and deal with it to the fashion I mellowed out, I wasn't an angry person but frustrated, I am still a bit frustrated to this very day because of my other issues. But I don't preach, but I would recommend if you have a feeling that your child has learning difficulties going to get them tested, because it is important for them to realise some of the things they do may not be their fault and consequently or hopefully they may calm down and learn to adapt to their situation and hopefully not hide behind it and finally there is a difference between these learning difficulties and not just being very good at it, like for an example I am good with maths numbers and the basics on that, but anything higher I am just not very good with that and the veil of dyscalculia doesn’t come down like mine dyslexia does from time to time.

This episode receives: 6/10, this episode is good; this is one of those episodes that is solidly good, as you can see it has been sent out to discuss dyslexia.

No comments:

Post a Comment