Wednesday 22 June 2022

Lightyear 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Lightyear 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/medical/shooting/stabbing/cutting/robotic element showing/animal cruelty

Okay, so what do you want me to do with this film?: Basically after this colony gets stranded on this planet thanks to Captain America sorry wrong captain Captain Buzz Lightyear [voiced by Chris Evans] originally alongside Commend Alisha Hawthorne [voiced by Uzo Aduba] and then his reliable robotic cat which is given to him by the name of SOX much later on worn SOX as well [voiced by Peter Sohn] to fix what keeps going wrong time after time after time after time after time. But eventually he finds some more support and one final thing we have Zurg [James Brolin] and his forces trying to capture Captain Buzz Lightyear. I should point out that at one point or another these things happen, but I have gelled together to give you a basic outline.

I really, really well and truly don't like this film with a passion, full disclosure I didn't like this film beforehand, but I really don't like it more now the penny has dropped. Because there are some words on screen right at the beginning of the film "In 1995, a young Andy Davis saw Lightyear, the film that inspired the Buzz Lightyear toyline." Or to cover my back there is something like this to this effect.

The reason why I don't like this film so very much, is because this would explain why this film feels so old as it relates to its storyline, it's lack of comedy, lack of outstanding action sequences, really generic character developments on a little bit of research and in a nutshell if you're wondering why this Lightyear was different to the 1995 version is done by design.

The pacing for this 100 minute film is safe and reliable, I mean on the grand scale of things wrong with this film, this is the last thing on the list. I have been around films doing this kind of thing in some capacity since I was 25 years old as of this blog/review I am 39. So this is speculation/my opinion which I don't like this, because it implies that your audience is stupid which we are not. They have used up-to-date animation to make this project look colourful and engaging which it does. But it covers up or it is an attempt to cover up the other shortcomings of this project.

There are some positive components or elements to this film though, anything to do with SOX much later on worn SOX as well [voiced by Peter Sohn] this character or/and voiced performance just brings so much positivity to this film, if you are a cat person [which I am] you will really like these characters; yes there are a view moments where he acts like a cat. There is this force field imprisonment and chasing sequence which these are good as it shows our characters having to work together or/and some other bits I liked like the confetti and the surrender button.

Character developments and performances; like I have already referenced other than the positive character/performer they are generic okay they are doing their job, but that is about it.

This film receives: 2/10, this film is poor; as I have made this probably very crystal clear I really didn't or don't like this film and I hope never to see a sequel of this film ever, but then again as things are at the moment at the box office for this film I don't really have to worry about seeing a sequel, because as it is here and now it has some, some, some, some distance to go before they even consider thinking of an idea for the sequel and the only reason I am not putting any figures down is because at the moment things change but for now you can take from me after everything is said and done I think they would just be happy to get their money back with a little bit of a profit. I am being very careful on what words I say, because I am very much aware it is only been out for a small amount of time so it may achieve breaking even or more, but having said that I was in the cinema today and there was hardly any people in the with me and the person I watch some my films with. This film also has not one, not two, but three yes I said three extra scenes [at the end of each amount of ending credits.]

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment