Monday 28 March 2022

Average Extra of: Will Smith strikes Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Will Smith strikes Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards 2022 by AverageMansReviews

Real Talking Time:

Warning: this is a curtesy warning this blog will probably become uncomfortable reading for some people.

Well what do you want me to say? I am not going to lie I am absolutely fuming about what happened at this event, but not for the reasons that you are probably thinking of. Now let's do a little bit of background Chris Rock has made a career out of adult to dark material in his stand-up, basically you know what you get with him and just in case I have the racial thing thrown at me, in fairness and balance there is a Caucasian man which has the same kind of reputation by the name of Ricky Gervais. I am just going to say the word reputation again, this highlights that they aren't going to stop being themselves, even though on this night Chris Rock made a very soft and gentle [by his usual standards] reference to Will Smith's wife Jada Pinkett Smith being in GI Jane 2 [reference to her having hair loss/alopecia and losing her hair] which Chris Rock, before this reference he did say he loved her and after this reference he did acknowledge that was a nice one [as in on the grand scale he was being nice.] Which as I have already referenced I am with him on this one, he was being nice.

But Will Smith didn't take it in an adult fashion, in actual fact he threw his rattle out of the pram and walked up to Chris Rock and struck him, Will turn around and sat back down again, they had a verbal back and forth and Chris got on with what he was meant to do.

Later on Will an Oscar for King Richard 2021 Will Smith as Richard Williams; Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role Will Smith. Where with his award speech was him crying and basically I do stress this is just a nutshell version of he basically apologises to everyone, but not Chris Rock [childish behaviour] and he talks about protecting and loving people.

Now like I have said I was absolutely fuming, know I was outraged on so many levels, firstly Chris Rock did absolutely I repeat absolutely nothing wrong here, in fact it makes him look good, because he made a relatively soft joke and on top of that he tried to carry on and then carried on.

Will Smith had absolutely no right to strike Chris Rock, as Will Smith is as of this content being created 53 years old, so it is time to grow up you can't go around punching someone because they made a mature comedy reference.

So Will wants to protect people; let's explore that shall we, so every time someone calls me a spastic, cripple, makes references to me being poor, being worthless or being seen as something on the bottom of their shoe, being told I am a burden on society and my mum should have had an abortion, the fact I am not good looking and my anatomy is small, the fact that I have mental health issues  and other things, basically nothing is off limits be it online or in the real world and just to cover my back for using words such as spastic and cripple I am within my rights to do so based on the grounds I have a disability; brain damage.

So using Will Smith's logic I can go to him and he will go around striking people for me that use this language or still using Will's logic I can now strike them and for Will this was just one soft reference, meanwhile I have had to deal with these references and continue to deal with these references on a daily basis.

The really sad thing is; Chris Rock has declined to press charges, Which at some point will Smith will have to apologise and on top of thank Chris for not putting charges and someone online was right, this is toxic masculinity, because any way you look about it that is assault especially in today's modern world.] Now I have 3 problems with this; 1, you may not like this but deep down everyone knows what I am about to say is the uncomfortable truth and the truth is everyone would lose their mind if Will Smith was Caucasian striking an African-American man Chris Rock on national TV, everyone would be pushing Chris to push charges. [I hasten to add there would be some backlash if it was the other way around, but no way is bad as a theoretical Caucasian hitting an African-American on national TV.] 2, it sets a bad example for average people, because if they see these big stars being able to get away with this behaviour, they will think they can get away with this behaviour and 3, it is one rule for them and one rule for everyone else.

Just to wrap this up; I have to put up with so much and most of the time I don't respond and just take it on the chin, yes I have chased one person down the road to give them a piece of my mind and others I have spoke to, but I have never or never so far physically touched anyone, so if I was in Will Smith's position I would have internally is said that is Chris Rock, being Chris Rock that is what an adult does or I would have had words with the wife to see if she was okay, so if she is okay I am okay. If not and I get the opportunity to speak to Chris later, just have a quiet adult word or if not arrange to take the wife out and make her feel special on another night that may involve some lovemaking and I may as well leave on a joke [who knows Will Smith may come around and strike me;] Does this now mean Will Smith will strike anyone that points out his wife's lack of hair? I mean trust me when I tell you some kids can be ruthless with their questions or comments; I can see him going through kids like a bowling ball through 10-pins.

Update: Tuesday 29/03/2022, Will Smith apologises to Chris Rock for this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment