Wednesday 17 November 2021

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE Survivor Series 24/11/1988 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Pay-Per-View Rewind of: WWF/WWE Survivor Series 24/11/1988 Match 1/Part 1 by AverageMansReviews - Spoiler Alarm!

Chosen by: You; well after my first question on social media didn't get any votes, some days later I tried again with this:so you have roughly about 100 minutes to tell me what brand pay-per-view I am reviewing next? From these options; WWF, WCW, ECW or WWE/NXT; reply for W or N. So with 100% WWF gets chosen by somebody, thank you for your participation whomever you are. So I quickly came up with the idea as we are coming up to Thanksgiving and this year's WWE Survivor Series 2021 [Date: 21/11/2021] I would choose this pay-per-view.

Warning/Disclaimer: there is flashing effects/colourful effects and Disclaimer; I am not or never likely to be a professional wrestler.

Background information: we get welcomed by Monsoon into this pay-per-view and saying [Description; this grey logo of the WWF Survivor Series[ In this light brown rusty look] and place name Richmond Coliseum in yellow text with Monsoon talking about this and then on-screen saying "Happy Thanksgiving" and then he introduces Venture has Jesse "The Pilgrim" Venture [dressed up as one to so I went with that name as well;] Venture I give thanks basically in a short dialogue building up this pay-per-view giving this there is no other place I would rather be than [enter place name here] little promo/speech.

Match/Stipulation: Co-Captains; Brutus " The Barber" Beefcake & the Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior, The Blue Blazer, Sam Huston & Jumping Jim Brunzell vs. Captain; The Honky Tonk Man [with Mouth of the South Jimmy Hart,] "Dangers" Danny Davis, Greg " The Hammer" Valentine, " The Outlaw" Ron Bass & Bad News Brown: 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Match

Match Attributes:

Match Quality: 7/10

Match Storyline: 7/10

Crowd Participation: 10/10

On Commentary: Gorilla Monsoon & Jesse "The Pilgrim" Venture 8/10

Satisfying Conclusion: 7/10

Recommend Watch: 7/10

Match Total: 46/60 - this match is excellent

Comments: to begin with we have the crowd participation/reaction being mostly on maximum from The Ultimate Warrior's entrance music hitting [on a little bit of research track title Unstable by Jim Johnson.] The crowd go a little quiet, but they are still there, you know it is one of those occasions where they need a moment to have a breather and get some energy, but it would be extremely harsh of me not to give 10/10; on a quick side note briefly it was a stroke of genius to have The Ultimate Warriors come out first. I'm not disrespecting any other of his teammates but however if you want to begin your pay-per-view with a very loud bang and to get your crowd instantaneously engaged and pumped up The Ultimate Warrior gives you this; with a limitless supply and generally speaking it should set the tone for the rest of the pay-per-view.

Next a botch, in short you are looking for The Blue Blazer performing a leapfrog on Valentine and let's just say he just about gets over Valentine, to cover my back again I should just point out it is an easy spot so I am not being too critical here, because even Monsoon makes reference to it on commentary this is just an excerpt "Whoa just about got over the top of him, that could have been disastrous."

Finally the confusion; Venture tries to push the narrative that someone didn't cover the legal man [yes usually I would take an excerpt of this between Venture and Monsoon,] but and I know this is the Spoiler Alarm Version, but this seems like one of those rare occasions where it is unnecessary for me to give it away, you know usually there is something here for me to discuss of substance. The Referee Inside the ring Earl Hebner; everything goes according to plan. [A quick mention; the Referee on the outside of the ring is Joey Marella] and I know Venture is a Heel or in that mould so he is doing what he is meant to do here. I have replayed this myself a small amount of times just in case Venture has/had a genuine point and now I am ready to pass my verdict; I can now reveal Hebner is innocent; his decision stands. But briefly in fairness and balance after Monsoon handed things over to him to talk us through the replay of the closing stages of this match, he is professional. They move on to the next match with a image or images on-screen and they talk about who is involved

Basic Result: Co-Captains; Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake & the Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior, The Blue Blazer, Sam Huston & Jumping Jim Brunzell pick up the W.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment