Thursday 14 October 2021

DC's Batwoman [Season 2,] Episode 37: Kane, Kate by AverageMansReviews

DC's Batwoman [Season 2,] Episode 37: Kane, Kate by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

4 things about this episode

Warning: there is flashing/other effects/drugs/stabbing

Wilder/Batwoman tortures this Janus Security Guard: Action and Comedy combined here; in short Wilder/Batwoman is trying to find this woman [Kate Kane/Circe Sionis] these are just little exert as Wilder/Batwoman as she says "I'm looking for a missing woman. Brunette, high cheek bones, looks an awful lot like your cover girl over there." Janus Security Guard: "I... I don't know." Wilder/Batwoman: "Well, what about your boss, Roman Sionis? Sometimes likes to side hustle as Black Mask." Janus Security Guard: "I'm just a security guard." Wilder/Batwoman comes up with the idea to torture this security guard with his bosses' latest fragrance in the face of such as for an example "Rekindle" where Wilder/Batwoman does enquire: "Eww does it hurt as much as it smells?" Which it must do because Wilder/Batwoman references it as she comes back into the Batcave. Wilder/Batwoman: "Am I the only one who can smell me right now?"

Beth Kane and Alice have merged to create this symbiotic relationship so they can live in harmony with one another: fantastic Character [Character developments] throughout this episode, but let's be honest it isn't just this episode it is throughout this Second Season and yes I will still be mainly using Alice that is unless I feel it is appropriate to use Beth Kane/Alice. I know, I know I have made references to this before, but especially the more they progress her as a character/human being they could take her from this TV program and put her in another TV program new or existing in the Arrowverse. I just don't like it when they have build up and complex characters going to waste a specially when they have the complexities to easily justify doing something of enormously evil or fantastically fearless and everything in between.   Watch this episode and you will see a little bit of what I mean where you get to see and feel Beth Kane in control and Alice still they are but slightly behind Beth Kane or mixed up both or Alice in control with Beth Kane sitting behind her and the rotations from one to the other and back again or mixed is naturally instantaneous; like I have just said I don’t like seeing characters of this complexity going to waste.

This episode receives: 5/10, this episode is mixed; this is one of those occasions where I have clearly pointed out some positives of this episode and some I haven't, but generally speaking in this Second Season this is speculation but from my perspective I don't know if they are intentionally doing it or not, but they do bring up police brutality on African-Americans in some capacity and to cover my back here and now in the future or if anyone watches these episodes and I even gave it a positive mark or full marks, it is because the positives very much outweighs this or the negatives [I will discuss this more in the next episode review as it is the Second Season finale.]

No comments:

Post a Comment