Saturday 15 May 2021

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE WrestleMania Backlash 2021 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE WrestleMania Backlash 2021 by AverageMansReviews

Just a quick heads up: these matches may be in the wrong order.

Damian Priest vs. The Miz: Lumberjack Match: my pick is The Miz; I know deep down Priest should be picking up the W. here, but unfortunately I know this company and they may give the W. here to The Miz to do 50-50 booking between the Faces vs. the Heels in this feud and with this stipulation it is easy and straightforward to protect Priest here. I just want to make it crystal clear I really don't like this outcome even though yes I have predicted it, if they take this route I just see it as they are just flattening Priest out and I am far from an expert on him, in fact I have seen him in one match and that is it [WWE NXT TakeOver: In Your House 07/06/2020: The "Archer of Infamy" Damian Priest vs. "The Prince" Finn Bálor: Singles Match.] But I have seen enough here to suggest, either put him in the Mid-Card with a proper program over the United States Championship or higher or float him between the United States Championship or the WWE Championship pictures; this is just a no-brainer for me, he is the future of the WWE that is if they don't flattening out first.

Cesaro vs. the Universal Champion Roman Reigns [with Paul Heyman;] Singles Match for the Universal Championship: my pick is Roman Reigns; this match should be lots of fun if predictable, just please tell me they are going to be given time to have a Pay-Per-View top quality match which we all know they are capable of bringing to the table.

Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. the SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Dirty Dawgs [Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode;] Tag Team Match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships: my pick is Rey & Dominik Mysterio, they may as well give these Tag Team Championships to this real-life father and son; to create this sweet moment and they may as well try to elevate or at the very least give  Dominik something of real substance to work with, because as far as I can tell; the current Champions and their run with these Championships have been very much forgettable and a complete waste of time.

Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair vs. the Raw Women's Champion Rhea Ripley; Triple Threat Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship: my pick is Rhea Ripley; it is too early to have a change of Champion here. But once again unfortunately I can see Asuka taking the pin here, she deserves so much better and don't get me started on Charlotte. To be honest I have just had enough of her yes she can wrestle to a very high standard, but for the rest of her being polite just no thank you; you know when you have any kind of person in any field that can be high maintenance, but you may put up with them, because of their brilliance or something to that effect; with Charlotte she has well and truly exhausted my limit of her credibility of brilliance and if you have been following me long enough, you should know this is nothing new, but everything she says and does just isn't worth it indulging her anymore, I don't know what it is but you know when you get to that point where you think "I have just had enough of this individual now" that is where I am with Charlotte and the worst thing is I can see Charlotte dethroning Ripley at SummerSlam 2021, so I am not looking forward to that. But I will go absolutely spare if they make Ripley a transitional Champion here at this Pay-Per-View [this wrestling terminology means; just to take a Championship or  Championships from one person or persons put it on another person or persons just  for them to lose it on their first defence;]  WWE please don’t do this with Ripley I mean it took her ages to recover from losing to Charlotte at WrestleMania 36/2020 over the Women's NXT Championship.

Bayley vs. the SmackDown Women's Champion Bianca Belair; Singles Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship: my pick is Bayley; likewise it is too early to have a change of Champion here, but I see Bayley winning via disqualification, when Sasha Banks gets involved consequently getting caught by the Referee, so it protects Belair with the loss [even though I am suggesting this; I don't have to overly like it with Belair picking up a loss, but if it gets us a triple threat feud and speculation on my part match for WWE SummerSlam 2021 for the SmackDown Women's Championship so be it and I know am suggesting in WWE language long-term booking which they don't do, but if they do this it would be excellent and worthy of being in the Main Event slot of this iconic Pay-Per-View or at the very least one of the Main Event slots.] On a quick side note once again speculation it will either be this match hopefully or whatever plans they may have for Reigns at WWE SummerSlam 2021 which will be in the Main Event slot at this Pay-Per-View.

Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman vs. the WWE Champion Bobby Lashley [with MVP] Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship: my pick is Bobby Lashley; unfortunately this is another situation where I can tell you who is going to take the pin and that would be Strowman all day long, which he has another individual that deserves so much better treatment, he has just been booked in this match to save something for a much bigger and better Pay-Per-View; I can see McIntyre vs. the WWE Champion Lashley [with MVP] for the WWE Championship at WWE SummerSlam 2021, where McIntyre will become the new WWE Champion again.

 

Spoiler Warning Incoming!

 

 

 

Additional Match/Result/Stipulation update:

 

 

 

 

The United States Champion Sheamus Defeated Ricochet Single Match: on the kick-off show.


Damian Priest vs. The Miz: Zombie Lumberjack Match


No comments:

Post a Comment