Saturday 27 February 2021

Fifty Shades of Grey 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Fifty Shades of Grey 2015 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time

Warning: there is flashing effects/colourful effects/sexual component/references to underage/domestic violence. I will be discussing sex in this Review/Blog.

Storyline: including the pacing it was either boring [just a quick heads up; this project uses a question-mark style ending for an ending/may be a continuation I haven't seen the sequel yet] or poor as it relates to the pacing; it is just really slow and tiresome.

Action/Art: these two components go hand-in-hand for two sequences involving flying so I will discuss one and leave one; I will go with it is where we have our lead partnership of Steele/Johnson and Gray/Dornan up in a glider

Art individually: [Visually] there are some eye-catching skies and clouds and there is this panda picture on the wall [just to cover my back, because it could be one of those pictures where it depends on your state of mind is depending what you see] location of picture: on the wall in Enterprises Holdings Inc. past the reception area and dancing from our lead partnership [which I will discuss later] and [Musically] we have Gray/Dornan playing the piano; all these Action/Art or just Art are good.

Comedy: now likewise there were only two examples of comedy and I will discuss one and leave the other, in this case I will discuss the one that may not be funny but it comes off as darkly funny: it is where Gray/Dornan comes in and sits down on Steele/Johnson's bed in his big house, in short this monologue is something he really needs to talk to Steele/Johnson about, but here comes the darkly funny, here is one ever so tiny; no big deal really detail that unless Gray/Dornan is talking to Casper the Friendly Ghost Steele/Johnson is asleep throughout this entire monologue, in fact he wakes her up after; so what was the point of this whole monologue? I know they may do this kind of thing in other films or TV programs where one character/performer finds it difficult to talk about something or hiding something or has been trying to tell another character/performer something but they are finding or just waiting for the right time so they do this, but with everything else this project has working against it as I have already said it just comes off as darkly funny [and yes I am aware that I have just answered my own question.]

Sexual component/Characters/Performances: including the on-screen chemistry all of these components go hand-in-hand in one way or another; now the things I will be talking about for a minute are just based around the context of this film.

So basically in my life up to this point I have had about a grain of salt of sexual experiences, based on the reason behind this are my disability, mental health [in short yes I am physically able,] not very good-looking so I have come accustomed to always being chosen last in fact now there are more sexual toys on the market they would probably get chosen over me and not forgetting we are living in a superficial society nowadays and the future; let's just put this nicely I know my place; I am not happy about this but I am a logical person/a matter-of-fact person.

But as this relates to here and now I just wanted to cover my back again and more to the point I am very open-minded, so as it relates to this film the sexual component is garbage based on the grounds that it is a misrepresentation of this sexual lifestyle, because the Dominant and this Submissive generally speaking wouldn't make love or it is leaning that way [I have said generally speaking because maybe somewhere at some point there has been a loving relationship being built just for an example and I do stress just for an example may be a boyfriend and girlfriend situation; this still may be open or closed relationship depending on the two in this situation.]

What leads me to think this is lovemaking is this background music used for the majority of the sexual scenes; it conveys that it is lovemaking, okay for Steele/Johnson for her first time ever having sex I partially get it kind of-ish, but I am very much 50-50 on this; by all means be soft on her first time having sex, but don't make love to her or lovingly kiss her at any stage of this film, because that will confuse her and if Gray/Dornan wants a Dominant Submissive relationship that is unacceptable behaviour, because it is cruel it is a taste of what she will never have [it very much goes against the Dominate and Submissive rules, I am generally speaking again [depending on what the two participants agree upon] and as he has done this with 15 other women I stand by using the word cruel [he is a wolf preying on a sheep, he knows better.]

Secondly if this contract/paperwork is so important to him in this Dominant Submissive relationship he should have waited for her to sign it end of story and finally I despise the final sexual activity in this project I have no time for it unless both participants are either knowing full well what they are getting into or are experienced enough in this kind of activity, even though Steele/Johnson agrees to being punished she was unaware of how hard he was going to punish her, yes absolutely I will still grant her the level of a beginner so there is no way she was experienced enough to handle this situation and for him to be enjoying it is just wrong.

So as far as I'm concerned by this point they are in a relationship of some description and even if they weren't I would still classify this as domestic violence, because that is how hard we are led to believe he hits her which no surprise here but after this she doesn't want him to touch her.

In fact if he has these massive issues of intimacy of any description be a Dominant or anything other he should be seeking help [based on the grounds on his first experience into the Dominant and Submissive lifestyle; he was only 15 so this could have easily scarred him, with the need to always be Dominant and never vulnerable on any level, but however this whole point could be and can be undermined by the fact his first Dominant and him are still good friends to this day] or both of them could be or should be in prison, I really don't have time for this unless you had two people trying something different in the bedroom and an accident happened then I would listen, you know they tried something; something went wrong but there was no intention of hurting one another [so hopefully there isn't too much harm and they could try again,] but in this scene there is clear intention of harm which greatly undermines this style of relationship of Dominant and Submissive which I do not tolerate, I have been thinking about this film and may be the reason why she didn't use both safety words [Yellow; means she is getting close to her limit] or specifically Red; in short means stop, is because of she wanted to experience his punishment, but trust me when I say there is zero enjoyment on her part here.

I mean he has this golden opportunity to teach someone properly on how to do things including potentially letting his history go what else does he want? The performances including the on-screen chemistry on the whole at first are what they are; they do their a job they are designed to do. Now for our lead partnership; at best I can say it is mixed sometimes it is dull and sometimes you can see/feel it in sync but it doesn't last for too long [like for one moment for an example our lead partnership are dancing together [before they go out to his family's dinner party occasion,] because I know this is a trilogy I am really hoping this partnership gets better on every single level, because if not let's just say for now it is going to be safe to assume this "Man this is hard work to watch."

This film receives: 1/10, this film is poor; I mean if you want to watch a film which is similar to this go and watch Secretary 2002 [warning it does have a sexual component and some dark content and it does have some awards to its name; like just for an example its highest Award credited to its name - first one on the list Nominated for a Golden Globe Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical 2003; Maggie Gyllenhaal.] But in the interest of fairness and balance somehow Fifty Shades of Grey highest Award credited to its name - first one on the list; Oscar Nomination;  Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song The Weeknd [as Abel Tesfaye] Belly [as Ahmad Balshe] DaHeala Stephan Moccio Song: "Earned It"; 2016. On a little bit of research it looks like I need to watch the Secretary 2002 again based on the grounds I haven't done it under this name, so let me put it like this I would much more prefer to watch this film before I watch this sequel [Fifty Shades Darker 2017,] because in a nutshell of what I remember the style of a relationship is better shown in this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment