Wednesday 6 January 2021

Birds of Prey [Series 1,] Episode 13: Devil's Eyes by AverageMansReviews

Birds of Prey [Series 1,] Episode 13: Devil's Eyes by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:

5 things about this episode

Warning: there are flashing effects/other effects/suicide.

Storyline/Why not tell her everything: these two components go hand-in-hand and this is not a good thing. Storyline; it is something solid; I don't know what to say here, because I am still furious on how this TV program has been written, because maybe; just maybe if this TV program had consistently done its background work I would have been more interested in this conclusion.

If anything this TV program is a cautionary tale of how not to write a vigilante or any character from this lifestyle TV program; because on some research generally speaking I have given these episodes positive marks; yes this is true but now if you were to ask me in the grand scheme of things does it really go anywhere, does it do anything major consistently or does it make the best use out of 13 Episodes altogether? For all three of these questions it would be; a big resounding No.

Moving on; so we have Kyle telling  Dr. Harleen Quinzel [unknown to Kyle she is Harley Quinn] telling her a lot in a Client; Counsellor session I really truly don't like these character developments; they are lazy and trying to squeeze everything into these two last episodes [the previous one and this one,] when they should have been building towards this much, much, much sooner which I have already discussed in the previous review Episode 10: Gladiatrix; hence why I said these two components go hand-in-hand and this is not a good thing; the storyline and the character developments needed to be supremely better synchronized or at the very least on the same side of Earth, in the same country, in the same library, in the same genre, on the same bookshelf would have been a good start [yes I'm not even asking for them to be side-by-side, because that would be asking for too much,] so I would have just been happy to have them on the same bookshelf and the viewers don't even find out what happened to Dr. Harleen Quinzel/Harley Quinn at the end of this TV series [I have even we watched the end of this episode/series just to make sure and there is absolutely nothing there.]

In The Clock Tower: these are good action sequences.

Bloopers: so in The Clock Tower we see Harley Quinn doing this big jump with special sound effects to make it sound like she has metahuman abilities; so how is this possible? She doesn't have the skills to jump like this [she would have to be a metahuman to do this] or she hasn't taken a metahuman's abilities to achieve this; so what happened here? Likewise Gordon/Oracle does the same with the same sound effects; but in her case she has been working on this hardware which she put in her body; but it is highly, I repeat highly dangerous and unreliable [she could be left more paralyzed or worse] or unreliable standing up and walking can be done, but it could give out on her at any time so doing this massive jump is out of the question, but it conveniently gives out on her at the end of this sequence of events when everything is finished.

This episode receives: 4/10, this episode is mixed: everything feels rushed which isn't surprising based on my viewing experience of this TV series and neither am I not surprised it got cancelled, to be more precise I am relieved I have just gotten through it and I don't have to watch it again [unless somehow I lose these reviews or I was asked to watch it with someone on my personal time, but other than that hell no.]

No comments:

Post a Comment