Monday 14 September 2020

Average Extra of: Cuties What The Hell Netflix?! by AverageMansReviews

Average Extra of: Cuties What The Hell Netflix?! by AverageMansReviews


Warning: I will be discussing underage exploitation and I want to make this crystal clear from the very beginning, I am not condoning I will repeat that I am not condoning this project in the slightest. I'm just trying to put across what they were trying to do vs. how this project came across.


Real Talking Time:

Let's begin I know in this economical climate this is extremely harsh for me to say this but I think it is absolutely justified. I am seriously hoping heads roll for this and some people lose their jobs.

Because I haven't seen this film but based on my research, the storyline may indeed have good substance of highlighting [child exploitation,] but of what I've seen from the trailer [this is one of those occasions where I can't say what my response was; but I can give you a watered-down version it was something to the effect of "Timeout, what the hell!"And other things.

But the execution of this film based on my experience of the trailer and what I've heard from some people, the execution is disgusting. Because I am dealing with a very, incredibly sensitive subject I have to point out yes I understand the storyline and its purpose, but I will never condone what I have seen in the trailer and for those sick people that think "So this film did what it was intended to do, which was to make you aware and show you."

Firstly professionally I may come over as really calm and I decided many moons ago that I would not use any out and out adult language I have slightly adapted this rule to something like this if there are any hash tags that use adult words that is acceptable. But other than that no adult out and out adult language; secondly generally speaking I don't like being manipulated in fact you can ask anyone that knows me and they will tell you "I wouldn't recommend trying to manipulate him, because you're playing with fire." I know anything underage is wrong, I don't need a film to highlight it is wrong in fact I am one of those kind of men that as soon as I find out a woman is under 18 anywhere be it in the real-world or online [even though yes I may be in a wheelchair] I quickly run 100 miles in the opposite direction or aggressively tell them go away.

So don't give me that garbage of anything like "So this film did what it was intended to do, which was to make you aware and show you." Because as you can probably tell I do not tolerate or will not tolerate something depicted of this nature being pushed on me, I do not and will not tolerate it for an example I ask someone this question [the person I watch some of these films with,] "If you had to make a film on child exploitation, you would have to exploit children in the first place?" This individual said "Yes."[I should just point out this individual knew a little about this project based on what I had told them in previous conversations.] You see I already knew that, but it is one of those occasions where you just want to hear it out loud, so this film can now be seen as hypocritical as well.

Netflix are really, unbelievably stupid and I feel incredibly comfortable saying that based on facts; the facts are on one hand they have removed the UK TV programs Little Britain [2003-2006] and The Mighty Boosh [2003-2007] for being basically outdated and offensive comedy. Whilst on the other hand we have this project which quite frankly beats not one but both of these UK TV programs hands-down in the offensive category.

In fact all Netflix have done is made a rod for their own back, because if another situation comes up like this and they decline the project, people will point back to this project time after time after time to say "Well you gave the green light to the  Cuties 2020 so why not this project?" They have lost the moral high ground and public credibility.

Okay time out I have just found it on Netflix UK [yesterday] I am now just contemplating watching it, because I am a logical person and for me to have a real idea of what I'm talking about I need to experience it; I already understand that this is going to be incredibly difficult to watch and to stomach this film.

So I would really appreciate not receiving any backlash or abuse, because I am already not looking forward to it, yes I am trying to remain as open-minded as one can be, but my punishment will be watching this film that is enough.

But to finish this; Netflix should now absolutely put back on the two UK TV programs I have made reference to in this blog, because it isn't up to them what their paying customers watch, it is up to the individual's themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment