Tuesday 25 February 2020

Tin Toy 1988 by AverageMansReviews

Tin Toy 1988 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is good

Fundamental elements: there is background music, cultural elements, no subtitles when another language is being used and place jumps.

Storyline: this little Tin Toy is frightened for his life when he is in front or being chased by this baby [Billy.]

Artistic visions/Comedy level/Character developments/
Action sequences: now at one point or another these components work hand-in-hand so let's begin; the artistic visions/animation are by today's standards looking vintage particularly as it relates to Billy in every way shape and form. I am not trying to be too critical but to put a positive spin on this; it just shows how far we have come in computer animation from this timeframe of the late 1980's until today 2020.

The camera work is designed/shot using the formula of Jack and the Beanstalk [where to our lead character everything minus the other toys he meets looks bigger to him and to us as well] and on top of that we have a little bit of this project from a birds eye perspective.

Comedy level, Character developments & action sequences; we have Billy playing with this blue ring, which is a part of these different colour rings that are situated on this small yellow poll [a pyramid set,] so he puts it in his mouth with that our lead role/character breaks the fourth-wall for a moment looking at the camera with absolute fear in his eyes and on his face and I am pretty sure he quickly mouths "Help!" [I have replayed this little element many times including getting a secondary opinion which she confirmed it,] whilst Billy is sitting just a little way  away from our lead role/character; he decides to not wait around and make a run for it, but as our lead role/character has been designed to make a sound every time he moves forward, yes he does make a little bit of sound going backwards, as you will see but because of his inner workings he has been designed to go forwards; this will quickly get Billy's attention.

Voice performances: the voice performances these are good.

This film receives: 7/10, after everything is said and done I finally settled on this mark, without saying too much more the final section of this project is a heartwarming touch as generally speaking babies like to do this anyway, they are more interested in what things like to come in instead of the thing inside.

On a quick side note as it relates to these short projects I have reviewed lately, where I said something to the effect of I couldn't find out who did them, this was true at the time. But then it came to me I had forgotten to look at the closing credits themselves [yes I know; in hindsight this should have been my first destination.]

So I have looked and if I couldn't find the cast I looked under sound or something like this [just to cover my back for the previous, the present and future.] So having an educated guess yes I could be wrong, but having a guess they could have done the voice performances or the sound effects for the characters as well, I should just point out I specifically looked out for sound and not music.

No comments:

Post a Comment