Tuesday 4 February 2020

A Goofy Movie 1995 by AverageMansReviews

A Goofy Movie 1995 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is good

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, background music, mental imagery, time jumps and place jumps.

Movement; I would say the second half of this project moves much better than the first half; it finds the get up and go nature to it.

Back stories/Storyline: the back stories get discussed in the dialogue exchanges and the storyline is something safe and reliable, but on a quick side note the capital punishment elements in the storyline/dialogue exchanges [electric chair] feels like overkill, I mean they could easily have substituted this for either prison or jail [I know these two words mean the same thing, but either or it doesn't matter as long as they take out electric chair I don't care.

Artistic visions/Comedy level/Action sequences: the artistic/animation is easy to settle down with as there is lots to see and experience, such as this Wheatfield in the opening scene. The musical numbers are well-placed such as when we have Max [full first name Maximillan,] PJ and Bobby not singing, but between the three of them trying to do this music number in the style of a music video in the style of this music artist Powerline [the extremely limited budget version] or Powerline is on stage with his backing dancers at first [the film is simultaneously still going on] and then Goofy and then both Goofy and Max. Now something completely different Pete goes Camping with PJ [better known as Glamping by today's terminology [an outdoor activity,] but as you will see it is extreme, extreme Glamping [great imagination was used here.]

Moving on to the comedy level, it feels strange I mean yes we have Goofy finding himself in this predicament with a Hoover in the early stages of this title or when Pete uses this Velcro to keep this little girl sitting down, the strange thing is when the pacing of this title picks up the comedy level feels genuine and less rehearsed or stage [yes I am aware I am discussing an animated film.] But you will understand when you watch this title, here is something for you to look out for; watch out for Bigfoot, this character is lots of fun.

Action sequences; there is a bit of action in this project; but I will give you one example in a nutshell version Goofy catches Bigfoot on the end of his fishing rod [but he doesn't know it until it is too late,] so you have him trying to pull him in and recorded at the same time and no I have left out the best action sequence [but what I can say is; it involves rescuing of some description.]

Character developments/Voice performances: now the character developments between Goofy and his son Max are very relatable. Because the parents and their off-spring at one point or another have to go through this transitional stage where they aren't ready to fly the nest just yet, but they are young adults and this is what this project focuses on, so yes there is good chemistry/friction between these two characters, depending where you are; depending what you get.

But I have to say before this film wakes up it is good to have PJ or Pete around or both, because they do individually or together bring very good supporting characters to the table and they do liven things up when this film is still sleeping [yes I know Pete gives some good and terrible advice and drops Max in it,] but he is still a very good character and for all the other characters they are good and the same can be said for all the voice performances as well.

This film receives: 6/10, now considering I found myself watching the wrong film [after some research, I found out I had got confused with this sequel An Extremely Goofy Movie 2000] but as I have already said this film is good.

I was just thinking I would point this out; there is a word used in this project which you wouldn't think would be in here, considering it is a Walt Disney [it says it on the DVD case] or by today just Disney; the word is "spaz" this is a shorter version for the word "spastic"/in this project you are hearing out for "big spaz." [On reflection I have no idea why this film title just didn't go with something safe and reliable like this; Max is questioning why does he turn into his Father around women consequently he is concerned about turning into his Father; this in itself would reinforce why he had the dream he did at the beginning of the film so they wouldn't have to use the words "big spaz" and add a layer to his character developments, I mean he is in the right age bracket to add this layer anyway so they should have used it and just for the record Goofy is not a bad guy, but it is an interesting dynamic that they could/should have added to their relationship, which in turn would have made these characters more relatable on top of their already very relateability between them and their audiences, because generally it speaking we all have thought about it or said something to this effect "I am turning into my Father/parent figure" at one point or another in our lives.

But then again in this film's defence it was made in the 1990's so we weren't so politically correct by today's standards, but as I have already highlighted this is a Walt Disney/Disney project so you wouldn't think it would be in here. [Before I receive any form of comeback and just to cover my back; I am one, meaning I am safe to use the words spastic or cripple, in any way I see fit. I should just say I only used these words and other personal things such as my mental illness when I feel it is appropriate, I am just saying all of this because I know or not that some point in the future so I am just covering my back here; that if I don't point this out somebody from the Internet landscape will take issue with what I have dictated here and yes I am aware that even though I have taken the time to put this in there may be or not some people out there that will in some point still have something to say, I mean this is the current world we are living in, but at least it is here now in black-and-white.] Slightly moving on now even though I have defended this title from being from the 1990's on this point, I am standing by what I previously said about the electric chair in this review and taking 2 seconds to think about it, apologies for repeating myself but as this is a Walt Disney/Disney film title you wouldn't think references to the electric chair would be used either.

Last updated: Wednesday 05/02/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment