Thursday 2 January 2020

Max Steel 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Max Steel 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is poor

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, background music, slow-motion effects, mental imagery, quick moving effects, time jumps and place jumps.

The movement of this title [because of its storyline contents which I will discuss later in this review,] it does nothing for the fundamental elements or the movement of this title.

Origin storyline/Storyline: in this case they are one and the same, this film focuses on this origin storyline which if you were to mix all four of these elements together in one way or another it makes this film really dull and what I find irritating about this film is [without giving too much away] it has been designed with a sequel in mind, so yes it does get slightly better towards the final section and when I say slightly better we are talking about a pinch of salt here, [but then again I realized what was happening] of it was building towards a sequel [so on reflection this film title does all the background work for the sequel to be potentially much more interesting and engaging.]

But there is just a very small, ever so small really tiny not a big deal really problem with using scripts/storylines of this design and it would be this; if there are no signs of a sequel in the future [just to cover my back I have done a little research and as of this blog -- Saturday 18/05/2019 there are no signs of a sequel,] it makes this film a waste of time.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used, combat elements and training elements. Now moving on to the artistic visions; when our lead role begins to show signs of having powers/abilities/skills and the science-fiction elements, whenever these elements show themselves throughout this title [minus his costume and the evildoer's costume and the character known as Steel and the training elements these are okay I can take them or leave them or do their job.]

Character developments/Performances/Voice performance:: basically this title uses this formula that if you have watched enough of these types of films you have seen this formula used time after time, but I should just point out there is this small piece of character developments which is hidden well until it is time to reveal it. I don't know what to say here really, because it would be too easy for me to just say that these performances are poor and this connection between two of our main characters well it doesn't feel natural it feels generic, I mean it does what it is meant to do and whilst I'm on the subject taken 2 seconds to think about it the same can be said for the character developments including the romantic connection between two characters as well.

Now the reason why I am trying to be a little bit kind here is because if this was indeed what these performers were given to work with and consequently these characters were meant to come out this way then I can't be too harsh on them as performers.

This film receives: 1/10, now yes if I am being honest with you I could give this title something a little bit higher, but what irritates me about this film is there is no sequel in the works at the moment and it looks doubtful if there is ever going to be one and how can I put this nicely "Yes I have sat through this film and yes as you can see it is poor, but I want a sequel on principle meaning if you are going to use this storyline designed where you are building up to a sequel, then regardless if the film succeeds or not your price for succeeding or failure should be to make a sequel. But then again as I am dictating this; it has just come to me that on a similar principle there should have been The Amazing Spider-Man 3 regardless if Marvel/MCU wanted this character, they could have released this version of him at some point and still have the other one in the MCU I know, I know deep down, this situation wouldn't have ever happened, but I really don't like storylines that build up to somewhere and we never find out what happens and considering Max Steel 2016 is roughly 92 minutes long, I got through this title, my reward should be a sequel."


No comments:

Post a Comment