Wednesday 11 December 2019

Under Siege 1992 by AverageMansReviews

Under Siege 1992 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is excellent

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, background music, no subtitles when another language is being used, interpreter, Morse code interpreter, time jumps and place jumps.

The movement of this project to begin with is a bit slow, but at some point it does stop dragging its feet.

Back stories/storyline: the back stories get discussed at one point or another, the narratives and the storyline are good, I mean it is something safe and reliable.

Action sequences/Artistic visions/Comedy level: there are weapons being used, combat, Navy weapons systems, Choppers, Fighter Jets, a Submarine, in the water action, here is something for you to look/here out for; how these characters/performers send out this Morse code is highly creative and highly imaginative and there are explosions. Moving on to the artistic visions we have dancing, singing and instruments being played, these missiles going towards their destination [the camera shots/angles the viewers now and again have a ride along on these missiles] and weapons being made [yes the final two can be seen as both action and artistic visions as well and there are comedy elements in this title [in the dialogue exchanges.]

Character developments/Performances: likewise the character developments are something safe and reliable, but it is down to the performers themselves to make them either good or excellent in their individual performances and the same can be said for the chemistry/friction it is either good or excellent depending which characters/performers you have on screen at that specific time and yes it does depend on where you are; is depending what you get as it relates to the chemistry/friction.

This film receives: 8/10, now you may have gotten this idea already but I'm going to say it anyway, this project in every way possible knows what it is from beginning to end and it sticks to it, if there are any fans of  Lee Jones or Busey they individually or together do a lot for this project and this is Seagal's best film by some distance [just to cover my back I haven't seen all of his films] and yes I know he is in Machete 2010, but that is a Danny Trejo lead role position and off the top of my head I think Seagal has limited scenes in that film or enough to qualify as limited, but not enough to be qualified as a supporting role [feel free to contact me to tell me different, it has been a little while since I have seen that film.] I was thinking I would just point this out because I went to go and look it up and I have given the same mark

No comments:

Post a Comment