Friday 1 November 2019

Wasted: Cain Velasquez vs. the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar at Crown WWE Jewel 2019 by AverageMansReviews

Wasted: Cain Velasquez vs. the WWE Champion Brock Lesnar at WWE Crown Jewel 2019 by AverageMansReviews

Just a heads up: this is one of those occasions where I should point out there will be no adult language in this blog.

But now I have said that what the hell WWE?! Seriously what the hell WWE?! I have seen this match twice now and I know I have said it twice already but what the hell WWE?! I know there is nothing I can do about this; but still I would like to apologize to the people that paid good money to watch this match [pay-per-view.]

The thing is; I know Velasquez can wrestle, I have physically seen it online for AAA, so why did we get this UFC style match-up and yes I know the answer or just to cover my back a speculation reason, it is because the WWE want SmackDown to be this more sports based programming.

But if they cannot see the problem or the potential problem of what will be coming in the future [not too far away in the future,] this Brand will suffer from an identity crisis, meaning you are a wrestling company you have been for many decades and you have many wrestlers, yes with different backgrounds in styles which is absolutely fine. But if they are going to try and replicate something like the UFC, they will quickly learn three things; why watch this when they can watch the UFC, 2 why watch this when they can just watch All Elite Wrestling [yes I know these two programs are on different days, but my point is still valid] and 3 their TV ratings will nosedive and no it won't be just a potentially one-off occurrence.

I find it massively disrespectful to the WWE Universe, that Mr. McMahon enjoys whenever possible giving them the "Stone Cold" two fingers salute if you have no idea what I am making reference to I will simply put it like this; we know, everybody knows what happens when Lesnar has a top Brand Championship he holds it hostage and shows up when he has to; for lots of money and then goes home whilst the hard-working members of your rosters be the Red or now the Blue [Gold and Black, I was thinking I would just mention this before someone else mentioned it but he has never been there] but I continue have to work their posteriors off day in and day out.

This company really did screw over Velasquez, they really did throw him under the bus here in his debut match, yes I am far from happy with this result but I am even further away from being happy with how he lost, so where does Velasquezhe go from here, they absolutely gave him no credibility whatsoever here, but he has so much more to bring to the table than Lesnar ever could or ever wants to give and yes I have only seen him participate in one other match, in fact there is only one way I can finish this blog and it is by saying take a look online and you will see what I mean then unfortunately you will end up saying "What the hell WWE?!" Because you will see that match and then remember this match [or if you haven't seen either match go and watch them just to see what I am talking about] and I am thinking in a wrestling sense they just buried Velasquez, but like I have already said this match-up was a UFC style, so they didn't bury him, it is complicated because you can easily use both sides of this argument and. both would be a fair conclusion or the more time I spend thinking about this; I can think like this company which basically means as this wrestling match didn't look like a wrestling match, did this company tried to protect Velasquez on the grounds it didn't look like a wrestling match so consequently it wasn't a wrestling match [I should just point out this is more speculation on my part and yes there wasn't any specific stipulations and I know it sounds like I am clutching at straws here and it makes no sense but then again this is the WWE we're talking about here,] but whatever the case may be it was a complete mess anyway and I have just remembered I should just mention that this match on this pay-per-view was incredibly, incredibly, incredibly, incredibly short like just over two minutes [yes I am not joking here.]


No comments:

Post a Comment