Tuesday 4 June 2019

Death Race 2000 1975/1976 by AverageMansReviews

Death Race 2000 1975/1976 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is poor

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, slow-motion effects, background music, no subtitles being used when another language is being used, quick moving effects, place jumps and time jumps.

I did find it a little bit strange when this project used classical music of some description in the background of a sequence, it is like saying "Let's try to make this film a little bit more classy now." But it only happens in this sequence, it is really noticeable and out of place [I should just point out I am talking about background music you cannot see and not the instruments you can see.]

Storyline: it is okay, I mean it does its job and that is pretty much all I can say really.

Artistic visions: there are artistic visions right at the beginning [opening credits] and right at the end [closing credits.] They are eye-catching, interesting and a positive for me to point out.

Action sequences/Comedy level: there are weapons being used, combat, vehicles and an airplane. Moving on to the comedy level it is poor and of a dark place I mean I didn't find these four elements funny, but I can acknowledge these three elements are and where probably the best out of the rest. In no particular order The first one is a case of mistaken identity, which in turn makes this character/performer more furious than he originally was and the second is where this character/performer breaks this violin because he told them to stop playing [how it breaks can be seen as funny, it just breaks apart quite easily.] The third; well all I can say is watch out for this hand and finally in short this person is run over, just to get them to shut up. [On a quick side note I am aware that are quite a few people ran over or hit in this title, but in the example I have just pointed out; it feels like the comedy was put here first by this character getting warmed to stop asking these kind of questions.]

Where in other sequences these characters/people wanted to tease these drivers or put out the elderly so that the doctors and nurses would be safe or just characters/people in the wrong place at the wrong time or if it is a trap.

Character developments/Performances: the character developments are poor and the performances are mixed. Now it is difficult to describe our lead partnership. Because their on screen presence together feels manufactured, don't get me wrong there are feelings but I highlight again they present themselves as manufactured, later they get better roughly around the three-quarter section of this title.

It was a strange feeling to have this partnership going through the motions, because I could see feelings, I could feel them a little as I was going through this film but it was awkward, until roughly the final section then things quickly woke up.

This film receives: 2/10, now if the truth was known I originally went for a slightly higher mark, because of the final quarter or somewhere around here. But on reflection this project on a whole is somewhere between this mark and the higher one and considering this project was looking at something lower as well at one stage, I think this mark would be a fair conclusion to this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment