Monday 3 June 2019

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan 2006 by AverageMansReviews

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan 2006 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this  project is poor.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, words on screen, yes and no to subtitles being used when another language is being used, place jumps and time jumps.

Storyline: it is a mockumentary and the viewers are taken on this journey.

Artistic visions: these green headed things look good, there has been imagination used in them [just to cover my back I am specifically talking about how I look at nothing else, when or if you come to watch this title you will understand straightaway why I wanted to cover my own back.]

Action sequences: there are weapons being used, combat and chasing elements.

Comedy level: now to be honest my hands are somewhat tied here, because on one hand something like 93% of it ranges from mature to adult and on the other hand I try to censor my reviews so that all age ranges can view them, so here or some I can mention the weatherman, anything to do with the bear and damaging so much in a shop/store.

Character developments/Performances: now in short; for me they were poor, yes there is some growth from our lead character [I will explain this more in a minute.]

This film receives: 1/10, now as I was saying for me the character developments/performances they were poor on both counts, yes as I have just said also there are some character developments from our lead character. Now I have never hidden the fact that now and again I do some research or main reason of looking up all these pages is to take the correct spellings in every single blog done, doing and future and nothing else, but as it relates to this project I did notice it did  Win/get Nominated awards such as a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical Sacha Baron Cohen and I did skim over other people's reviews and in fairness and balance most of them are positive [when this review was first dictated.]

Now there is a reason why I am saying all of this; I am sure that when this project first came out in 2006 I went to go and see this film with family members and I found it to be hilarious and in 2019 I still found it funny in places [this is one of those situations where in theory I would have given something slightly higher but the majority of the contents counterbalanced the funniness,] but more often than not it was mixed with putting my hands over my face or something to this effect or feeling really uncomfortable by this project.

I should just point out, I have an extremely wide sense of humour to begin with so I am not a prude individual by any stretch of the imagination, but now to finish off this review may be this project has not aged well, I don't know I will leave that up to you to work out [on a quick side note yes usually I would put the alternative name at the top of this blog, because I just watched it under the name of Borat, but this is not seen as an alternative name for some strange reason.]

No comments:

Post a Comment