Wednesday 22 May 2019

Pokémon Detective Pikachu 2019 by AverageMansReviews

Pokémon Detective Pikachu 2019 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is good.

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements, mental imagery, slow-motion effects, background music, place jumps and time jumps [it should be noted that this paragraph is just a rough outline of these elements, so if at any stage be it in any of my previous reviews or present or future reviews I should miss out little bits and pieces for any reason, I'm just pointing this out here and now and as I haven't said this for some time I never discuss all of the title anyway.]

I will discuss this point later on in this review, but at this point I'm just going to put it like this; this title needs somebody's voice for this project to get moving, I mean before this point this title just doesn't have any get up and go to it whatsoever.

Storyline: now without saying too much, it is a very slow burner.

Artistic visions: there is great imagination being used on bringing these Pokémon to life, they are highly detailed in their own specific ways whatever they are doing throughout this title

Action sequences: there are chasing sequences, weapons being used and combat elements and yes there are Pokémon battling as well.

Character developments/Performances: generally speaking the character developments are straightforward for 90% of them [I would like to talk about the 10% which isn't straightforward, but I can't because that would be telling you way too much about this title, all I can say is this; I acknowledge the fact that there is a small percentage of the character developments which are really well-developed and shown in this project when they happen.

Now moving on; well they are performing their character types really, meaning if they wanted their characters to turn out this way the performers did their job.

Voice performance/Comedy level: Ryan Reynolds as the voice of Pikachu, now as I said earlier in this review, I would discuss this point again and here we are; with this performer/character on screen this film does pick up.

The comedy level is well-placed and well-timed there is going to be at least something you will find funny such as Pikachu/Reynolds accidentally hitting this character/performer in the face with his tail every time he turns or the Mr. Mime sequence [the entirety of his appearance] or Reynolds just being the voice of Pikachu.

This film receives: 6/10, yes this project may look visually engaging in one way or another, but without Reynolds’s impact on this title, this project would be looking at a different mark, let's just say I would maybe be leaning towards being more like a Snorlax [for those people that are not into Pokémon; in short this is a sleeping Pokémon.] On a quick side note and yes I could be completely wrong about this; but is it me or when the Bulbasaur or and Bulbasaurs are on screen they were not given their original speech Patton by saying different ways of Bulbasaur, but just to cover my back once again I could be completely wrong about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment