Friday 1 March 2019

Brexit: The Uncivil War 2019 [alternative name Brexit] by AverageMansReviews

Brexit: The Uncivil War 2019 [alternative name Brexit] by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there is a number or numbers and words on screen, voice-over elements, background music, mental imagery, time jumps and place jumps.

Storyline: now it has to be said as it relates to this review my mind is mixed on what to say really. Because on seeing this title; my mind, opinions and feelings of politics have changed, I must stress this straight off the bat I am not easily swayed and my mind, opinions and feelings of politics were not of the highest standard to begin with, but let's just say this; this title is an eye-opening experience.

So without giving too much away; this project shows how this result came to be and how they got the votes they needed; computer technology; they used a computer algorithm [which if you are older than 40 years old,] in really basic English, let's say you take a pencil and a piece of paper, began drawing a line or something and every time you did something online the pencil drew that image for you, give it a short amount of time and eventually this piece of paper and pencil could tell anyone to a very specific point what you like or don't like. But it is supremely much, much, much, much more advanced than this example. This in itself is priceless information and by using this information you could know how to target in this case your voters.

Another way they did it; was to basically focus on someone's concerns or fears or anything other, which turned into something like divide and conquer and the final way they got the votes they wanted; was to promise things; for one example to promise a big, big figure on the side of a big red bus.

My next point is going to be controversial there is no way I can get around it, but I am specifically bringing this up based on this project; it allows the viewers to think of this question; "Without this algorithm would the result have been the same?"

Character developments/Performances: these are good.

This film receives: 4/10, the reason why this project gets this mark is because I felt gradually more and more uncomfortable, even when I am dictating this I still feel uncomfortable. I have nothing against this film but now I have seen it unless I lose this review I would be quite happy not to see it again that is how uncomfortable I am and I have a strong stomach but it comes through as if this life-changing decision is a game or something to that effect and they must win; the lives of the United Kingdom come second.

No comments:

Post a Comment