Wednesday 6 February 2019

The Meg 2018 by AverageMansReviews

The Meg 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there are words and numbers on screen, cultural elements, background music, yes and no to subtitles being used when another language is being used, slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: the action sequences are based around dealing with this colossal shark [I know this is obvious based on the storyline of this title and if you have seen the front cover of the DVD or Blu-Ray it implies what I have just said.] What can I say about them; generally speaking they are interesting and well put together, moving on to the artistic visions the underwater sequences before the chaos begins as in looking around this location or locations looks tranquil and engaging, later on in this title the viewers get these birds-eye perspective of how big this creature is underwater these are good as well.

Comedy level: now yes there are comedy elements in this title, in fairness yes they are interesting [I don't think I found anything funny,] but I can identify that there is a comedy level elements at different points in this project. There is a good reason why I am telling you all of this and is to make this point; I think this project struggles with its identity, which basically means if you want to be sensible then be sensible if you want to be funny then be funny, but it tries to do both and this would be the ending result.

Character development/Performances: now just in case you were getting confused from my previous paragraph where I said the words "they are interesting" I would like to now explore this a little bit more by saying it assists with the character developments/chemistry of these characters at different points in this title [I know it sounds a little bit confusing, it is one of those occasions where you will have to watch this title to really understand what I am talking about,] but having said that what I noticed about these character developments on top of everything else is this; there seems to be a lack of respect for this creature, the kind of respect that says "Okay we have no idea what this creature can do so let's show it some respect by thinking what we have at our disposal isn't going to be strong enough to do anything, be it protection for us or to kill it or anything in between." Now moving on to the performances generally speaking they are mixed.

This film receives: 4/10, it has enough about it to get given this mark but if this title was in mind to compete with the legendary Jaws 1975 film how can I put this nicely Jaws would eat this film alive easily and efficiently within about 5 seconds without much of a struggle and with plenty of space to keep eating. On a side note when this review was dictated it was only about a day since I have seen this title and I don't think it is going to say in my memory for too long.]



No comments:

Post a Comment