Monday 18 February 2019

Marauders 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Marauders 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there is background music, music performances, cultural elements, slow-motion effects, mental imagery, voice-over elements, no subtitles when another language is being used [I am aware that they are  singing and they are in the background; but this is something I usually pick up on anyway and just to cover my own back there may or may not be times where I have missed out on this or other elements,] time jumps and place jumps.

Well straight off the bat this idea that I am now going to illustrate to you was such a bad idea; now for some strange reason this title uses slow-motion effects consistently and I have no idea why this is, it does nothing for the film in a positive sense.

Storyline: generally speaking I became slightly disinterested in this title, I say slightly because it does have some elements worth watching [without giving too much away,] the two husbands and wives individual storylines [two marriages.] But for the rest I can tell already it won't stay in my head or memory for too long, maybe little bits here and there [maybe I am being a little bit harsh and I will explain later why this is; I'm not backtracking on anything I have said, but for balance and fairness, I will discuss this more later on.]

Action sequences: there are weapons being used and combat elements.

Character developments/Performances: the character developments are something reliable and the performances are solid and it does feel like every performer is doing their part to make this project work, maybe this storyline is okay or solid if it wasn't for the annoying slow-motion effects, my point is [and I am aware that this is here or there because we don't know,] but maybe this film would have been better if there wasn't any yes I did just say any slow-motion effects in this title, I can think of only one time that I can remember maybe when the slow-motion effects are okay, it is where a character gets shot in the throat. But if someone said to me "You can have all or nothing with these slow-motion effects? " I would have said quickly and happily "Take them all out please."

This film receives: 4/10, I was going to give this project a different mark but after taking everything into consideration I felt this mark was better suited.


No comments:

Post a Comment