Saturday 2 February 2019

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE Royal Rumble 2019 by AverageMansReviews

In-depth Predictions/Other elements for WWE Royal Rumble 2019 by AverageMansReviews

General things first: I know this is a little bit late [to be more precise I have just thought about it,] so the next time I do this it will be in time for the pay-per-view in question, in one way or another I am just taking bits and pieces off one of my social media accounts, so before someone points out I am aware that some of these predictions were wrong, but in fairness for this to work even though it is in the past I need to keep things as they were [apologies if I get the card in the wrong order of matches now or in the future.]

Now a little about myself, I am a voluntary film/TV critic, I have been doing this kind of thing in one form or another for a long time, I have been aware of wrestling since the 1980's and watched a lot of it from this timeframe and beyond. But nowadays I watch an hour there or an hour there [I don't have the network]. Because of my film/TV critic background I would say I lean more towards seeing these athletes/performers as characters, yes there is wrestling in there somewhere I am just politely saying from the very beginning, I am not the best choice if you want to talk about in-depth between the ropes kind of things [on a quick side note I will always remember to put the challenger or challengers first and then champion second.]

Shinsuke Nakamura vs.
the United States Champion Rusev: my pick was Rusev I have just realized it says a lot for the United States Championship, when it is being defended in the first match of the night but then again at least it made an appearance in this event unlike the Intercontinental Championship.

Kalisto, Akira Tozawa and Hideo Itami vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Murphy
Fatal 4-Way Match: my pick was and this was by luck kind of Buddy Murphy, meaning I know nothing about this division but I am taking a guess here and saying Buddy Murphy will lose it at WrestleMania 35, because he has held this championship for safely over 100 days [when this was being dictated; I have looked this up] and to try and make this championship feel like a big thing I would wait until the biggest stage or one of the biggest stages throughout the year to change champion in this division.

Shane McMahon & The Miz vs.
the SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bar: my pick was The Bar I was thinking they were going to do this whole backstabbing angle where Shane costs The Miz [and himself the win] to set up this feud heading into WrestleMania, I looked up when is WrestleMania; to find out that there were two more pay-per-views before hand, I'm just pointing this out just to say I am prone to making little mistakes now and again, there could still be a feud sometime in the future, the breaking point could be when they lose the SmackDown Tag Team Championships

Becky Lynch vs.
the SmackDown Women’s Champion Asuka: my pick was Asuka with some form of interference, which would leave Lynch free to resume this feud with Rousey at WrestleMania 35 with Lynch winning the Raw Women’s Championship so it transfers Lynch on to Raw, I had this interesting storyline in mind where Lynch would basically show up on Raw unofficially and get in Rousey's face and say nothing for the first couple of weeks including maybe not interfering but maybe just distracting Rousey long enough to lose some tag team matches may be coming from different locations like through the crowd and so on without her music, so it gives the impression that this is not scheduled [I am not turning Lynch heel in this storyline,] but adding some more friction and some weeks later we could have Lynch hijack the beginning of RAW, possibly clearing the ring of the woman's match that is happening at the time, she picks up a microphone and says "You may have noticed "The Man" goes where "The Man" wants to go and Ronnie since I lost the opportunity to get back the SmackDown Women’s Championship, it looks like I have plenty of space in my schedule so how about you and me at WrestleMania 35?!” Then Lynch heading towards exiting the ring with one more piece of dialogue "I will wait to hear from you on tomorrow's SmackDown, “Oh yes if I don't hear from you by then I will come searching." and then she heads for the crowd to go through them. [Behind the scenes Rousey is being held back by some WWE officials, referees and some wrestlers with Triple H , coming into camera shot saying "calm down! If I give you permission to go to SmackDown tomorrow and sort this out, are you going to calm down?" Rousey begins to back down and everyone begins to relax, on leaving this location Rousey hit something with her fist preferably the door which leaves a massive hole, which the camera turns to Triple H and he says "I guess not then." So now and again until Wrestlemania Lynch and Rousey appear on both Raw and SmackDown, maybe not all the time but enough to keep this storyline going on progressing nicely. I know people do not like excessive matches where RAW take on SmackDown, but this is one of those rare occasions where everyone wants to see it happen.

Sasha Banks
vs. the Raw Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey: my pick was  Ronda Rousey, but I am quietly confident that she will lose at WrestleMania 35 to Lynch, even before the talking about Rousey's future began I was saying this anyway, simply based on if she was going to lose in a one-on-one situation for the first time WrestleMania is when I would do it, based on their character developments of her, she has been built up as this unstoppable champion, so why not stop this unstoppable champion at WrestleMania 35.

Women's Royal Rumble: my pick was Ember Moon, to challenge for the SmackDown Women’s Championship and win it, to transfer her over to SmackDown Live and to give her some time to show what she can do, because unless she is injured her talents are being wasted on RAW.

Men's Royal Rumble: my pick was Braun Strowman, I was thinking he could interfere in the match between Finn Bálor and Brock Lesnar to make it a Triple Threat at WrestleMania 35 between Strowman,Lesnar and the Universal Champion Bálor [I will discuss this more later on.]

AJ Styles vs. "The New" Daniel Brian: my pick was The New" Daniel Brian, simply put I think there is more to come from the storyline and I have to get this off my chest, creatively I don't like a wrestler using the word new before anyone says anything there are some exceptions like the NWO [the New World Order] or The New Age Outlaws, the thing about using the word new eventually it becomes not new and just for the record the heel character is absolutely fine.

 Finn Bálor vs. the Universal Champion Brock Lesnar: my pick was Finn Bálor [I have already talked about it a little so I will just continue,] briefly yet straight to the point either get Lesnar to show up more often with the Championship or take it off him, this is seriously detrimental to Raw as a product I mean this is meant to be your flagship show and your main guy [by definition of putting the Universal Championship on him that is what the WWE are saying,] I know they have many consistent performers that are there main people and I have no problem with part-time performer or performers having a championship, but as it relates to this particular situation they have pushed it too far and maybe next time they have a part-time performer make sure they at least show up on one episode of the TV program and pay-per-view, for the rest of the time you could get creative like he or she could send out a tweet or a video message or just something to keep the championship interesting.

So there we go for the first of the In-depth Predictions.

Last updated: 05/04/2019


No comments:

Post a Comment