Monday 24 December 2018

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans 2009 by AverageMansReviews

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans 2009 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is good

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, background music, slow-motion effects, quick moving effects, mental imagery, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used, combat elements and other elements. The big crossbows sequence where we have these Lycans running to escape this location, but from a short distance away we have these what I believe to be these vampire Knights shooting from these big crossbows which cannot move I think from their fixed locations [these Knights can aim, fire and reload these weapons.]

Character developments/Performances: they are a little bit straightforward, I would have liked to see a little bit more conflict as it relates to one character, the kind of conflict I am talking about is inner conflict from one main character to another main character, they have known each other for a very long time, they make reference to these two characters knowing each other for a long time/saying there is a one-way bond there on some lower-level at some points amongst other things in this title, but there are no signs of inner conflict, maybe it has something to do with this character's position in this social order, but still when this situation arises it would have still been nice to see a little bit of conflict within this character to begin with and then, he could drift quickly back to his original personality traits/character developments. The whole point of this; would have been something like this; in this characters head "Okay it is of the most importance that I don't show weakness, because if I do my seat maybe under threat, so I need to do what is expected of me" and yes there is anger and later on sadness but that comes from another situation between a main character and another main character [a different pairing but there is a triangle thing going on here and that is as much as I can tell you without giving too much away.] Moving on generally speaking the performances are all good.

This film receives: 6/10, I really don't want to talk about this point for too long, it is one of those occasions where it is too big for me not to talk about it for at least a minute. The first thing I want to say is yes I am aware that this project is a prequel and the ending to this project it makes sense, but having said that there is a sequence in the first film title [Underworld 2003] where in a nutshell they show mental imagery followed by a dialogue exchanges of this history situation and other references in this title [so logical you could just watch the 2003 version again, yes it wouldn't be as in-depth but you can still get the points,] so to wrap-up this review I will say this title is good, Happy Christmas or Happy Holidays and Happy New Year for 2019.





No comments:

Post a Comment