Tuesday 25 December 2018

Justice League 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Justice League 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed, to be more precise I don't know if this film is going to be given a 3 [a poor film] or a 4 or a 5 out of 10, but what I can tell you is [when this review was dictated, I was under the impression in a nutshell that this film is a complete mess and throughout this review you will see enough examples of what I mean.

Fundamental elements: there are time jumps and place jumps, voice-over elements, with and without subtitles being used, quick moving effects and slow-motion effects, there is background music and on a side note, yes I did begin this title from the beginning again but this time using the subtitles facilities [yes now and again I do use the subtitles facilities with other projects and I don't bring it up, but in this case I will explain why at some point in this review.] Now slightly moving on to the movement of this project, well it is a very mixed bag you see one moment it feels and looks like this film has gotten a grip on it and the next moment everything disintegrates, the difficult thing is; when I originally dictated this paragraph I originally said something to the effect of, that may be towards the later stages this film feels and looks better and this may be true, but they could have done better with it [I am sure that this is not the only time I will say this; but when this review was dictated, I could wake up tomorrow and think a different opinion on mostly any element of this review, whilst the next day I could think a different opinion and when I say different opinion I mean something to the effect of poor to mixed or the other way around something like that, apart from the good elements which I wouldn't change.

Character developments: well I may as well come out and say it, most of these characters either individually or together need a lot of work, Diana Prince/Wonder Woman how can I put this nicely I would prefer to have her back in another individual film title, because it does feel like she is being slightly held back, but in fairness to her she does make subtle yet clear attempts to reach out or get along with other characters that are standing beside her, this performer/character they can go far together, but I know I prefer her performance in her film Wonder Woman 2017 [I should just point out I have began with this character/performer because as it goes she doesn't need much work, all she needs is the basic character developments as in progression as a person, every time she gets used in a film title.]

Barry Allen/The Flash, Arthur Curry/Aquaman,
Victor Stone/Cyborg: now when this review was dictated, I feel a little bit sorry for these characters, based on the grounds of they haven't had much time or a film project behind them of any description and it shows, because throughout this title there are elements where these characters are trying to show themselves as individuals and to combine that with trying to build chemistry with either each other or at this point the other three characters [Justice League members] which have been given more time in other film titles in one way or another, in a nutshell The Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg all need major work to get up to the level of Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman [but having said that they should aim for the level of Wonder Woman,] I am trying to be reasonable because it may not be the performances that are the problem, it could be this big fact how were they going to expect some kind of chemistry between these characters when some of these characters haven't been given either individually or in smaller numbers of characters time to develop, there are some chemistry elements in this title which are well placed -ish, meaning I acknowledge they are there and what they are they are okay, these three characters need time to develop.

 I am concerned mostly about Barry Allen/The Flash, because the TV version of him is in a completely different league compared to this one [I am talking about The Flash from 2014 - present and yes I am aware that there is one from the 1990's and this performer is a recurring cast member of the 2014 version,] but this version of him in this film just needs work upon work.

Bruce Wayne/Batman, Kal-El or Clark Kent/Superman: both of these characters are what I would like to call functional either individually or together or in a group, meaning they do the job, sometimes these two characters look and feel how they should be, whilst there are some other occasions where they are a mixed bag or something other really.

Other characters: Alfred puts in a good showing and Steppenwolf, well this character didn't impress me much, yes I do know nothing about this character, but in fairness and balance when this happens in any film or project I review, this gives the character in question the opportunity to show to me and tell me I should go and do some research on this character, but he didn't impress me, I think that is enough about the characters in this film, but before I finish this section, I should tell you why I had the subtitles facilities on and this is because the dialogue or dialogue exchanges generally speaking are a bit here and there from the characters from the beginning, so instead of me replaying and replaying I was thinking I would put the subtitles facilities on, briefly I don't like how these character developments have been mashed together as a group, at least when another similar film company does it, they tried to give every character a small moment or moments on screen of some description or if they are trying to bring new characters in, they tried to slot them or blend them in or something else of a positive nature like for one example maybe showing up in other film titles with dialogue or give them their own film title, instead of throwing them in the deep end [yes once again I am aware that they did give Wonder Woman some time on screen where she made an impact before her own film title, but I am making reference to the three characters that I have spoken about already in this review that haven't been given much screen time of anything, those clips or whatever do not count before this project.]

Action sequences: these are okay, I can take them or leave them, I mean there are some good elements, mixed with okay elements or somewhere around this word, I found it difficult to settle with these slow-motion or these quick moving effects, I am not a fan of them. Barry Allen/The Flash's quick moving effects, there are some sequences that are interesting and positive, of what I can remember but then again there are some sequences which do very little for me, they are better done [on reflection they are much better done in the 2014 and ongoing TV program, I cannot remember how these effects were in 1990's version,] but my point is this; I have been watching the 2014 version for some years now [when this review goes out and when it was first dictated,] but I have never, ever had a problem with these special-effects whatsoever and I am not just talking about the quick moving effects now, I am speaking generally I have never, ever had a problem with these special-effects used in this TV program. But back to this film Barry Allen/The Flash's quick moving effects for a good percentage of the time seemed to be too much [some subtlety would have been nice.]

Now there is an action sequence which annoyed me, where we have some members of the Justice League and other characters, trying to calm down this one member and at some points his different names get used, I cannot remember how many names gets used in public and somewhere in the scene or sequence there are two police officers [so I am thinking "Did you really want to give his identity away."]

This film receives: 4/10, now it is very rare I say things to this effect, but this film and review haven't been for most parts fun to watch or fun to dictate this review. Because don't get me wrong there are some elements of this title I liked, but it isn't everlasting, it's like I could have this massive wheel in front of me and on it, it has little segments and in those segments it could say good, okay, workable or needs work [and so on and so forth,] this is how this film is one moment you could be turning that wheel to something like good and then the next minute you would have to turn that wheel to something like workable and then again to needs work and then again to something else, in a nutshell I don't like how unreliable this film is, the only reliable element is Wonder Woman and the more I think about it, the more I think she was held back in this title to try and match or to be on the same level as some of these characters, because based on her 2017 film title her character developments are much better positioned to be in another individual film title already, it almost asked the rhetorical question if she wasn't held back [and this is only my opinion,] but how wide would the gap be between each individual character as it relates to their growth and personal development either individually or in different pairings, I could talk more about some elements involving these characters, but I think that will do for this review, but if I didn't have the choice or maybe some time in the future I lose this review somehow, these would be the only two reasons I would watch this film again, I don't say this out of laziness, but this film generally speaking including this review has been really, really hard work [now I could be wrong but I just wanted state this; I cannot remember too well if they have tried to use other characters from the three new Justice League members in this film beside this one and there appears has to be of some kind of substance.]

You see I have a pretty good memory when another yet similar company does it, because without going on and on, they slot them in and it makes sense and purpose. But if you were going to ask me any small details about the DCU or the DCEU I would struggle and to be honest I don't know what initials to use as it relates to this company now, you see from a structural/plans standpoint this is why I prefer the similar yet different company, they seem to do everything as a big jigsaw puzzle without missing out too much, if any [it depends on your opinion of the other companies film titles and which interpretation they are going for] so when a small piece at the bigger picture is done they move as one to the next big section and it should be noted if you have reached the end of this review well done to you.

On a side note this was dictated way before the announcement that the DCEU is now officially called Worlds of DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment