Monday 5 November 2018

Strays 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Strays 1997 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is poor

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, cultural elements, slow-motion effects, mental imagery, background music which I have to say is noticeable, time jumps and place jumps.

Storyline: I have no idea what I am going to say about this title; I mean yes this project has substance, but for the audience to see this substance you have to look way, way past the other things or look deep, deep down at the heart of this film to see what it is all about, but then again it doesn't help the situation where there are giant question-marks over this title, here are just some examples of what I mean; what happened next or do these two characters meet again and there is more to the lead female character what is it [yes in one way or another we get told or shown bits and pieces but that is about it,] did she go to the wedding or what happened at the wedding.

Performances/Character developments: they are mostly poor, there is chemistry between the main relationship [male lead character and the lead female character,] which this relationship does a lot for this title, there is substance here. Now briefly I will be discussing these two performers individually; firstly the female lead character/performer seems comfortable on screen with other performers in one way or another [what I mean by this is she may be on the telephone,] there is also substance here. Now moving on to our lead performer/character he shows his skills and talents in this performance which he does show a little bit of everything including singing, but there is substance here. I think without being harsh this performer shows he has a lot of potential, but maybe needs experience in being projects. I am not trying to sound too harsh, because nowadays this performer continuously gets work and people come to the cinema to see his films or to hear him.

This film receives: 2/10, now there is a reason why I have kept pointing out there is substance here and there, it is so that I can say this; away from the substance of this film everything else is poor I just wanted to make sure I put across in this review that there are things to look out for and it should be noted it could be the performers or the background music, but there are some moments where it could be one or the other or I'm just going to cover my back and say both at the same time just in case I missed something, where the dialogue exchange in question is difficult to hear or something like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment