Monday 22 October 2018

Resident Evil: Apocalypse 2004 by AverageMansReviews

Resident Evil: Apocalypse 2004 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is good

Fundamental elements: there are words and numbers on screen, cultural elements, background music, quick moving imagery, mental imagery, voice-over elements, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences/Artistic visions: there are weapons being used and combat elements. Now to be a little bit more specific there is this sequence where one character is bungee jumping out of a chopper and firing his weapons and there are two times where a rocket launcher is being used.

Now moving on to the artistic visions, there is this sequence where these characters are walking past these tombstones and the dead come back to life and come out of where they were buried, I like the imagination used here it is something simple yet effective.

Performances/Character developments: they mostly range from poor to mixed or somewhere around here without splitting too many hairs, as you may have noticed I said mostly it is because, Milla Jovovich as Alice is one of complexities, based on the facts that as this character at the moment in this title, she isn't a newbie into this lifestyle/conflict but at the same time she is still learning and finding out about herself and other elements, so in a nutshell they cannot really progress her character developments or performance or a mixture of both too far yet because this is only the second film in this franchise and what I mean by performance I am trying not to give too much away here but simply put this performer/character comes into her very own in other titles, it is just at the moment between the previous title and this title she is adapting from the old world into this world on every single level.

This film receives: 6/10, even though in the previous paragraph I have just said that our lead role is still kind of finding her feet in this new world, this sequel moves and feels much better when she is on screen [just before I finish dictating this review I looked over one of my previous reviews as it relates to this franchise, Resident Evil: Extinction 2007 the next title in this live-action franchise and what I remember and what I have dictated is roughly this; she makes something out of what was given to her, she does make an impact and she does make this role her very own.

I am not saying that this lead character doesn't have some kind of character developments in the upcoming titles, because I haven't seen them in some time including I don't think I have seen the 2016 film title of this franchise, but this lead performer/character really does come in to her own more and more as the instalments of this live-action franchise go on and on.

Briefly I think this mark is about right with taking everything into consideration.


No comments:

Post a Comment