Thursday 18 October 2018

Escape Plan 2013 by AverageMansReviews

Escape Plan 2013 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there are words on screen, background music, cultural elements, slow-motion effects, voice-over elements, mental imagery, yes and no to subtitles being used when another language is being used, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used, combat elements [I should point out when I say combat it could mean hand-to-hand or martial arts or something like this, that is why often in my reviews you will see weapons being used, combat elements.] The reason why I went for this word in the first place is because of political correctness meaning I didn't want to say martial arts or the wrong martial arts and then find out from somebody which I have made angry that I have said the wrong martial arts or anything else really, so it isn't me attempting to be lazy it is just I didn't want to offend anyone in the first place. But back to this review there are explosions and a chopper being used as well.

Performances: generally speaking first of all there are some poor performances and there are some mixed performances [on a quick side note in hindsight there is one performer that does the best with what was given to him,] but now this is where things get a little bit more complicated, there are a small number of performers in this title where sometimes you will think they are mixed and there are some occasions where you will think they are good including some occasions where you think they are drifting between somewhere between the two. I know usually I don't like splitting hairs too much, but based on my viewing experience of this title that was enough here to at least make this point in this way.

This film receives: 5/10, I think with all things considered this mark feels about right, like on one hand this film feels a bit longer than what it should have been [roughly speaking 115 minutes long, ] may be they could have cut off 15 minutes just to give this title a bit of get up and go in places, whilst on the other hand briefly there is good chemistry between the two main characters, so for me this title circles around this mark something slightly lower or right on or something slightly higher.


No comments:

Post a Comment