Friday 24 August 2018

Machete 2010 by AverageMansReviews

Machete 2010 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is excellent.

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements, voice-over elements, mental imagery, background music, subtitles being used and there are occasions where no subtitles are being used, a word or words on screen, slow-motion effects and quick moving effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences/Artistic visions/Comedy level: I couldn't really split down these three elements to this project in different sections of this review, simply based on this fact they work off one another in this title.

The action sequences are high-octane action with many weapons being used, I should quickly point out, generally speaking where the artistic visions come from, they come from the visual nature of these action sequences [I have to be somewhat careful on what I say here,] because I don't know what age ranges are viewing my reviews and the same can be said for the comedy level as well.

But with all of that being said, I am going to try and point out one of each; so here we go first for the action sequence, I will call this sequence driving a police car; our lead role is driving this car from the backseat using this machete [that is as much as I can tell you.]

Next up is the artistic visions there are many [injuries or life changing injuries or deaths] and other things such as campaign advertisements and just in case I have forgotten something I will say other bits and pieces.

Now finally the comedy level; now the first thing I should say about this is the following; you are going to either find these elements funny or not, it is that cut and dry, I will call this sequence see our body elements have more than one use; in a nutshell our lead role takes this element from a bad guy and then runs through this window which it shatters and goes through another window which also shatters [that is as much as I can tell you, I am just trying to put out a review which is suitable or clean enough so I can leave it up safe in the knowledge, that there is nothing to colourful in this review or something like that.]

Performances: without splitting hairs too much they are good.

This film receives: 8/10, now taking everything into consideration this mark feels right, on a side note there is a pregnant female character that gets shot, I can handle it, but I think it is safe to say I get its purpose [it tells you a lot about this character that shoots this character in the stomach,] that basically he doesn't want these kinds of people here, but did he really have to shoot her in the stomach, he could have chosen somewhere else to get the same result. I am not making any excuses up, but I could be wrong about this sequence, I am just going on how this sequence looks, in my defence this sequence is by night [there is some light given to this sequence by this vehicle,] it is still by night though so if anything this is just a warning and to make sure I am being balanced in this review, this is the only thing I have spent a lot of time thinking about and one final thing everything I have said in this review is just based on this film and nothing more.



No comments:

Post a Comment