Sunday 22 July 2018

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 1] Episode 5: Feryl Steps Out by AverageMansReviews

Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 1] Episode 5: Feryl Steps Out by AverageMansReviews














Review Time: this episode is good

Basic background information: the Darkling Lords: these are the evildoers of this TV series and their leader's name is Darkstorm, their totems are the colour of green [and yes there is one female character in this group as well.]

Action sequences: when these Power staffs get used or these mystical creatures or something to that effect get released from their holding by their controllers [meaning I think it has to be a Spectral Knight or a Darkling Lord holding the staff at the time and saying the magical poem or spell, they will do what they are asked or told to do,] but just to cover my back I am not sure if it is limited to these two groups of characters or it could be other magical users or average people as well I am just not sure, because in the previous episode Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light 1987 [Season 1, DVD 1] Episode 4: The Price of Freedom where a non-magical user character wanted to join this tournament for the opportunity to receive or win a power staff, but I will talk about the power staffs in another review at some point. But as it relates to this episode the audience sees this mystical creature going up the side of this castle [on a quick side note I think it is a castle or maybe a fortress, but I am sure I am not going to get too much criticism if I say it is one or the other or something else,] but now continuing this creature making an entrance and then doing what this creature does best, just for one more example Destruction gets released and he brings destruction to this location.

Blooper: now at some point in this episode you have this Darkling Lords [Cravex] standing under this Invulnerability dome shaped [Invulnerability Power staff] with the other Darkling Lords and if you look at Cravex's Power staff it still has its totem on it, but this should not be here because he has already used it once in this episode.

This episode receives: 6/10, the beginning feels slow compared to just before the middle stages and beyond, it is difficult to describe because without going on and on about it from an overview perspective this episode is good, but it does feel different or slightly different at the beginning and then the more you watch of it, the more it kind of wakes up or something like that, if this episode felt slightly more awake at the beginning stages. This episode would be receiving a comfortable 7 out of 10 or maybe giving me a headache because I would have to choose between a 7 or an 8 out of 10, but as I work on as things are, I am just pointing this out so it doesn't come across that I am being really harsh on this episode.

Now whilst I have been dictating the previous paragraph [so it has just come to me,] it doesn't help that this Spectral Knight [Feryl] has scenes or moments of whining or something like this; I do understand this character, but it would have helped if he was a little bit more mature in places and taking this vehicle/weapon system just doesn't make much sense, he could have left it behind for Galadria to drive it [this is just one possible driver,] so it wouldn't have left the Spectral Knights without a vehicle/weapon system, just in case they get attacked or something else [In short after taking this point into consideration I am slightly more comfortable with my mark of this episode and not forgetting the feeling of a slow beginning,] now this brings up two questions, if this episode felt less slow or quicker, would I have noticed this character's personality traits and if so what I still consider giving this episode an 7 or an 8 out of 10? My responses would be yes I would still notice but maybe not so much and once again yes I would've still got a headache trying to decide between these two marks.





No comments:

Post a Comment