Monday 2 July 2018

The Boss 2016 by AverageMansReviews

The Boss 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this title is mixed.

Fundamental elements: there are a number or numbers and words on screen, background music and a music number, a voice-over element, a flashy effect thing, quick moving effects and slow-motion effects, time jumps and place jumps.

Comedy level/Drama: now what am I going to say about this film really [let's just say there is a reason why I have put these two elements in this paragraph and yes I am aware I don't think I have ever or if I am wrong about this I apologize; spoken about the drama elements as a separate thing before but as I have already said I could be wrong about this. But now I have said all that; the comedy level ranges from having to watch this film behind your hands to elements which are funny and everything in between, for three very quick examples of the comedy elements which are good [just based on my opinion,] the tennis sequence and the scene where Kathy Bates's character Ida Marquette is having to be bleeped, because what she is saying is not suitable for TV and finally I am just going to say the dangerous couch bed [I think it is a couch bed, but you will know it when you see it.]

Now moving on to the drama, the reason why I have spoken about this element in this way it is because this title looks and feels better when it focuses on the drama before the comedy level, I should just clarify the drama elements are predictable [without giving too much away the storyline is straightforward,] this title comes over to its audiences as there may be more to this project than what we first thought, so the drama elements take this title from being a poor film to a mixed title.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used and there is this street fight sequence.

Performances: briefly they are mixed.

This film receives: 4/10, now I am aware that in one way or another I keep saying the word mixed, but in my defence it just is; may be if they cut back on the mature comedy references a bit or then again a fair amount, I could have given this title a higher mark, but as this title is; I think this mark is just about right.


No comments:

Post a Comment