Wednesday 13 June 2018

King Lear 2018 by AverageMansReviews

King Lear 2018 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is good.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, background music, time jumps and place jumps.

Action sequences: they are good.

Performances: they are of a very high quality, now there is a reason why at this point I haven't said too much about this title and it would be this; this project is set in modern times [present day when this review goes out.] But however the performances and the dialogue exchanges use Old English [if I have gotten that wrong I will just say from the time of William Shakespeare.]

I should just point out; if you have an understanding or enjoy this style of English being used you will enjoy this title, but if you don't have an understanding or have never come across this style of language [forgetting English for a second,] you may find it hard work, I feel I should quickly state that this is nothing against the performers in this project I am just saying from an Old English perspective for people that haven't experienced this before you may find it hard work.

I mean I am English and I have experience of this style of English and I still found it hard going, but that is enough of that, even though you may not understand the English or some of it being used the performances are able to tell you what is roughly going on anyway.

This film receives: 7/10, this project is and was a positive experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment