Monday 16 April 2018

The Mummy 1999 by AverageMansReviews

The Mummy 1999 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this project is mixed

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, word or words and numbers on screen, time jumps and place jumps. There are cultural elements with or without subtitles, it should be pointed out I don't think I like this text that the subtitles are in, meaning yes I am aware that I have dyslexic tendencies, but there are moments where I really did struggle to read this text, this may be because of the scene or scenes it is a part of, sometimes the text shows up better, but even then I wasn't too keen on the text. Now where I think there is some dialogue exchanges where an interpreter is being used I can't remember this element to well so I could be wrong, so it could be no interpreters or interpreter or interpreters, because I can remember there being interpreters of what these characters discover or find, but moving on there is background music being used, generally speaking it is okay and it does its job.

The reason why I am not being too harsh on myself for not clearly remembering elements of this project, well simply put this title does have some either boring elements or really boring and tedious elements to it, I am really trying not to give too much away but this film needs the character Imhotep [when he comes back into the project,] for this title to be interesting and show some signs of knowing what it is meant to be doing in the first place, after this character has come back this film moves consistently well and it does become interesting, slightly amusing and entertaining.

Comedy level: this in itself ranges from irritating to okay to good or just around this word, like for an example I can't stand the library sequence, in a nutshell it is where all these bookcases or something to that effect fall over like dominos, it just feels like this whole sequence was designed for a cheap giggle, of what I can remember the other comedy elements of any style in this project, don't feel so easily set up, I just don't like being told when or if I should find something funny or not and yes I did find some elements funny or well-placed, but this isn't one of those moments.

Action sequences: there are plenty of weapons being used and other elements. Now the elements I liked these characters that get released by one of our main characters, these characters that come out of the ground  [these characters may or may not be connected to the characters that had been released by this main character] and these other characters carrying what seems to be a spear and a shield.

Performances: they are all okay.

This film receives: 4/10, I was going to give this film a 5 out of 10 but as I cannot remember too much about this title and I only watched it last night, that should tell you roughly all you need to know really, but don't get me wrong there are some good looking occasions like for one example I like how these mirrors are used to bring some kind of light into this place, but generally speaking and being fair this project is mixed and just before I finish yes I did like these action sequences or characters which I have spoken about in this review, but whilst dictating this review I had to stop and re-watch these elements again to make sure I got everything right the first time around in this review, which I didn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment