Sunday 8 April 2018

The Lego Ninjago Movie 2017 by AverageMansReviews

The Lego Ninjago Movie 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: straight off the bat this film is so, so, so boring. I took so many stoppages and to be honest I even watched some of the ending credits to see it there was anything else, but I quickly gave up because whilst watching some of the ending credits I was more interested in the soccer results.

Fundamental elements: there are cultural elements including one piece of subtitle being used, there are place jumps and time jumps, slow-motion effects and mental imagery, the breaking of the fourth wall to be honest this is only a small piece towards the end of the film, but it feels really poorly done, because yes we have this character talking to the audience [but we also have the storyteller which is also this character talking to the person he is telling the story to a the same time,] I don't like this element it feels a little bit rushed and cheesy. I do believe this is my first time bringing up this element [the fourth wall,] I can't remember if I have watched any other projects up to this point and I haven't spoken about it, I don't discuss every element of every project I review.

The background music or music elements, on a side note either of the background music or music elements, they do nothing for me whatsoever in fact I think it would be a good point within this review just to say this; if I have forgotten to bring up anything in this review [I know I don't discuss everything, but I mean in a general sense,] it is because this film is that poor that my interest in this title didn't last too long.]

Storyteller/Storyline: yes we have a storyteller in this title, did they really have to use this kind of thing and the storyline is really tedious and nothing special

Action sequences/Artistic visions: the action sequences are well put together, there are weapons being used, training, weapons systems [the sharks and I think dolphins as well; these elements and the motorbike are things that stick out in my mind.]

Character developments/Comedy level: they are poor and the comedy level is difficult to describe simply because it isn't that funny for most parts or heavy amounts of it, but you see the problem I have with this title it has fleeting moments of funniness which I may or may not have found funny, because I don't know if it was me finding it funny or my boredom kicking in so for fairness and balance I will say 50-50, that I found it funny [I am clutching at straws here] and the rest would be my boredom kicking in, I really cannot remember.

This film receives: 1/10, now don't get me wrong there are some good moments or good elements which should in theory make this mark go up, but even though I have just watched this film today yes I can remember some of the good elements including of the big four-legged variety, but I can't forget how boring or hard work this film was to watch in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment