Thursday 29 March 2018

The Expendables 3 2014 by AverageMansReviews

The Expendables 3 2014 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this sequel is mixed, I mean I could justify a 3 or 4 or 5 out of 10 for this project and anything less or than these numbers would be harsh or pushing my luck really.

Fundamental elements: there are place jumps and I think time jumps as well [from day to night or the other way around] there are cultural elements with and without subtitles being used and there is background music being used at some points in this title. Now with roughly outlining these elements I have to say that this film moves so slowly and cumbersome throughout its opening section and slightly beyond, the middle section is a mixed bag [I have a feeling this is not going to be the only time I use these words,] but in fairness and balance the more the viewers get towards the final quarter the quicker and better this film feels on every aspect.

Action sequences: there are weapons being used, vehicles and many other things, for one example we have this one character that at first takes over this crane [A Tower Crane] and its crate, secondly the character in control of this crane uses this crane and crate to lift the other characters in this sequence to the point where they can overlook something happening and then get put down in a different place [this is just a nutshell version of these events.]

Performances: briefly this age gap thing, the more you see of it the more it becomes a reliable element [based on my personal experience this element needs time to grow on you] and it also greatly assists the chemistry between any of these characters young or older it doesn't matter, on a side note I didn't know how to say this; other than this age gap thing.

This film receives: 4/10, this is the mark I kept coming back to, yes there were some occasions where I was thinking I could give this title a 3 or sometimes a 5, but as I have already said the mark I kept coming back to was the one I have chosen, on the grand scale of things at this point in time I do think this title is the weakest of the three of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment