Friday 2 March 2018

Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! 2017 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: in a nutshell this film is frustrating and annoying.

Fundamental elements: there are voice-over elements, time jumps, place jumps and the movement of this title is not exactly easy watching [I was slowly but surely becoming more and more aware of the time.] But let's be fair all of the music elements are good though.

Artistic visions/Action sequences: now I am going to continue pointing out the positive elements to this project first, so with that being said the artistic visions are amazing, colourful and highly detailed, one of my favourite sequences which would combine the artistic visions and the action sequences would be the angry Onix sequence of events, where we have some characters having to deal with this angry Onix as they are running away from him at first, then he has them on his back or close to his head as he is still going on this rampage smashing and destroying things and the audience can see and feel that this ride is going to be incredibly bumpy for his unwanted passengers.

Storyline/Characters: this is one of those occasions where, I am going to show elements of my nerdiness here and yes these two elements will cross over in this paragraph [it would make sense to do it like this.] So simply put I don't like this storyline. Because there is enough evidence here to suggest this project is a reboot, but if this is the case why are there Pokémon from different generations in this film for one example Piplup is not a generation one Pokémon, so why is this Pokémon in this film, I have even done some research to feel more comfortable to make this point, I am thinking there may be other Pokémon from different generations in this project, but to be fair to myself I haven't been in Pokémon social circles for many years.

Team Rocket: well they get treated poorly in this project, little segments here and there and I think we get to see Gary when he is picking up his first Pokémon and that is it  I think I am not too sure and as far as I can tell there are no signs of Officer Jenny, I could be wrong but I couldn't find her, in fact if I was to be really honest it was just by luck I found Gary or if it is indeed Gary, I was thinking I would just have another look at this sequence of events before I put this review out there in Internet land and on a side note I don't know any of the other two characters picking up their first Pokémon's.

Now as everyone should know by now, I don't discuss every element to every project. But I should just point out a Pokémon dies in this title [yes I did just say dies,] but I have more to say there is a Pokémon in this title that speaks words and on top of that we have Pokémon that evolve too quickly and unrealistically for the length of this title [which is roughly 98 minutes long.]

Other characters: somewhere in the closing credits you will see some characters that should have been in this project and possibly other characters from other generations [in this kind of picture form,] which they should have done something better with these characters really, here is a quick suggestion [how about having them in this title?]

This film receives: 3/10, generally speaking they have Ash and Pikachu's chemistry right [including his other Pokémon,] visually and musically this film looks and sounds good, but everything else not so much let me put it this way I wouldn't choose this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment