Saturday 24 March 2018

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life 2003 by AverageMansReviews

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life 2003 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time:  why did they make this sequel, I mean it has some good points to it but still why.

Fundamental elements:  there are place jumps with words on screen and I think numbers at one point as well I could be wrong, there are cultural elements without subtitles being used most of the time [I mean if you pay attention to this sequel you will find them as well] and then just to really get on my nerves they do two things; one they use subtitles and two we the audience have an interpreter character at some point in this film as well, I think that will do for the fundamental elements because I have so many other things to say.

Action sequences/Puzzles or other elements: now the action sequences are interesting, they can be fun or really annoying. The underwater elements look good and something easy on the eyes, but then again really annoying because the lead character punches a shark, as if that would happen and the shark would just swim away. The training elements, the motorbikes sequence, the sky elements are well put together and they do give this sequel some value and very quickly, yes there are plenty of weapons being used and other elements, but I am just trying to give this review some balance and now moving on to the puzzles and other elements in a nutshell they are good.

Love interest: now before I begin looking at this element of this sequel, I am aware in the previous film title to this franchise [Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2001,] there was indeed a love interest in this film title as well. But the reason why I didn't bring it up is because the audience is given just enough information to suggest throughout that these two characters [Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft and Daniel Craig as Alex West] have a history, but it isn't a heavy point to this title.

I can say it isn't a heavy point, because I am basing my opinion on this sequel, meaning this sequel hammers it home that these two characters have a history and it is so boring, no really it is so boring and it also points out to me this rhetorical question; so what you are trying to tell me is, that Lara Croft is not a strong enough character to stand on her own in her own film? Not once but twice, yes I did point out that in the first film it wasn't a big point but it is still there nonetheless, I know these films are old and are from history, but let's try something different like I don't know let me just think about it for two seconds, I think I have a great idea having Lara Croft be on her own or at the very least not having a love interest would be a good thing.

Performances: generally speaking like it's previous film title, I would have to say these performances are mixed, because without going into it too heavy on both projects, were the performers trying to do something with what was given to them or was it other elements which impacted on to their performances or something else, but whatever the case may be I am not going to be too harsh to the performers themselves on either project.

This film receives: 3/10, briefly yes I did say that this sequel has some value to it but I still found it irritating or boring in places and on a quick side note did we have to see Lara Croft be sexual towards someone, I mean in the previous film title it was in the shower and yes I am aware that being in the shower can or cannot be seen as sexual, but on both counts the viewers don't really need to see these two points or three points including Alex West in a different shower somewhere in the previous film title [in the interest of fairness and balance,] but I will just leave things like this; the previous title or this title I cannot take them too seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment