Thursday 22 March 2018

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2001 by AverageMansReviews

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider 2001 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: I don't know what to think about this title really, I mean as you see I have a lot to say about it anyway, but when this film puts its lead character in her comfortable surroundings or travelling to different countries then this film looks and feels okay.

Fundamental elements: there are place jumps and time jumps words on screen, voice-over elements [with the character who is giving these voice-over elements, appears on screen throughout this sequence [roughly his head and face and other elements depending what stage of this sequence you are seeing,] there is this dream and other mental imagery elements I could be wrong [like for one example this girl or girls, I wasn't really paying attention but my point is this; does this character or are these characters physically there [one girl in one sequence whilst the other girl is in the other scene, not two girls together] or are they an illusion made in Lara Croft's mind. The background music or any music is noticeable and it does nothing for me whatsoever and there are cultural elements with sometimes subtitles being used [there is one occasion where one character and what seems to be a cleaner, that have this very brief dialogue exchange without subtitles being used.]

Clock: the more I think about this element, the more it irritates me because it just feels very last minute, without giving too much away our lead character just so happens to find this clock in her Mansion now in fairness she has to go looking for it, to then make a whole, to find what seems to be a crate, to then find this clock inside this crate and on top of that you are trying to tell me that this clock hasn't made a sound until now, that is a little bit too much to try and find believable.

Action sequences/Puzzles or other elements: I feel comfortable suggesting these elements get better the more you watch of this film it could be these giant statues or Lara Croft in a nutshell saying it goes here standing roughly in the location where something should go [she doesn't say this in the film but I am trying not to give too much of this project away,] I am just highlighting a puzzle element of this title.

Performances: in a nutshell the performances from beginning to end of this title are of a mixed bag.

This film receives: 4/10, it has been many years since I had seen this film [until I came to review it,] but I still cannot take this film too seriously or watch it again without some years in the middle, yes it does get better the more you watch of it and it does have imagination behind it in places [such as for one example where Lara Croft is using this black-straps thing which she uses to train/to glide off and on the floor and then this sequence turns into an action sequence of events, but then again do we really need to see Lara in the shower or another character using a separate shower in this title. [On a side note, because I am trying to stop mentioning things that are not important in my reviews from now on this does include some dialogue exchanges if I missed them I may go back to look at them or not or anything like this or watching a sequence again just to make sure I have gotten it the right way around or close enough in its review, when I make reference to it. I will not be doing this on every detail just if and when I have to or choose to, like if it is a big point or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment