Saturday 3 February 2018

Contract to Kill 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Contract to Kill 2016 by AverageMansReviews

Review Time: this film is just painful to watch.

Subtitles/Cultural elements/Fundamental core: this is one of those film titles, that once you begin to see a problem with this title, it is very easy to see many more problems with it and sadly the viewers don't have to wait too long for the first problem, now before I continue I would like to just point out that I have played this scene many, many times just to make sure of it. Now at the beginning of this film we have two characters of a different nationality [two characters from the same country I believe, I could be wrong, this in itself is not important,] but my point is this; they are speaking English and I can understand it, so why oh why is there subtitles being used, but when you have other characters speaking another language, if at this point you are still paying attention there are no subtitles being used and yes I have replayed these scenes more than once to make sure.

But I am far from done with the subtitles, they are of decent size but white which in itself in this case creates problems if you are not a strong reader or have reading difficulties, you will find these subtitles difficult to read, because anything white or you know clashing colour or colours underneath them will make your viewing experience less enjoyable and the cultural elements are easy to pick up on so I will just move on.

Wow this fundamental core is hard work [as you will read in this paragraph,] there are place jumps, time jumps, word on screen, images of events, mental imagery, small voice-over element or elements [I cannot remember if it is element or elements] and this is just a rough list so there could be other elements I am forgetting, but then again this fundamental core is just really, really messy even though it may sound or read something straightforward, it isn't. You see in reality I would feel comfortable suggesting it is all jumbled up together and because of this; this film feels like it is moving really I would say slowly, but that would be being too kind, I will just say able to move.

Action sequences: there are combat sequences, weapons being used and those kinds of things.

Cast: poor performances.

Telephone call using computer /Bloopers: these are the only two elements which are either something good or interesting, now without telling you too much, there is this telephone call where we have one character talking to another character, but he is using this software to make himself sound like another character and the bloopers happen at the end of the film.

This film receives: 3% approval, I am happy that this review is done, so if I have the choice I will never have to see this film again.


No comments:

Post a Comment